Why become a member? ×

Ever fancied a Ric but didn't have the cash.............? Well you'll have to save up *NOW SOLD*

Beedster

I have a lovely Gherson, neck through, Hipshot alu bridge, Rickenbacker Hi-Gain PUP at the bridge, custom Kent Armstrong Toaster at the neck. It has original Ric stereo circuit/output and VTC, meaning it is pretty versatile tonally. It also has a Rickenbacker TRC. Recently set up by the Legendary Bass Doc it's strung with TI Jazz flats for that retro Macca (Howard set it up for a pretty low action, way too low for me to be honest but he did a great job). It has a lovely ageing natural finish. I can supply with two white pickguards, one allowing for early neck PUP positioning, one for later (the body is routed for both). Bought at a project from Len (Soloshchenko) late last year it's been an ongoing project chez Beedster that has been superseded by an incoming v63. It owes me close to £750 to be honest but I will take £600, £50 less if you don't want the TRC.

Please PM me for photos, or perhaps check out Len's original post for a general idea?

C

EDIT: now [u][b]£450[/b][/u]

Edited by Beedster

Yes, I should keep it as it's not far off Ric quality and will no doubt be worth a bit one day..... Ironically I posted in the R*****fakers thread last week my amazement that used Ric prices are falling whilst faker prices are soaring (which is why I just bought a used Ric). The irony being that JH is, by pursuing his eBay vendetta, turning the humble Faker into a rather rare, enigmatic and desirable object.

Si, I have both aluminium and brass Hipshot bridges and vastly prefer the brass despite its Olympian mass, which were you after mate?

Chris

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1334173635' post='1612140']
:lol: :lol: :lol: and I didn't even see it.
See Chris, you are the marketing genius, not that CEO chap we've all been getting sweaty about
[/quote]

I think JH is a marketing genius and is pumping out relic'd Rickenfakers in the far east as we speak :D

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1334174637' post='1612170']
I think JH is a marketing genius and is pumping out relic'd Rickenfakers in the far east as we speak :D
[/quote]

Brave words given the current example of JH's litigious tendencies. I'll hold your coat!

[quote name='Big_Stu' timestamp='1334179565' post='1612302']
Brave words given the current example of JH's litigious tendencies. I'll hold your coat!
[/quote]
He'll have to wait for his foot to heal from his self-inflicted wound first. Could take some time, especially if he continues potting as of late...

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1334174665' post='1612171']
I'd love to have seen that Donny :rolleyes:
[/quote]

I can't remember what it was, now. Must have been a bit contentious for me to pull one of my own posts! :o

The V63 is getting her final polish from me, shortly. Enjoy her, mate; she is a good bass.

I'm chipping in here as I enjoyed doing some work on the bass for Chris. Having also worked on lots of Rickenbackers over the years I was most impressed with the quality of the Gherson. Twin truss rods! The Hipshot bridge - a definite plus and the genuine circuit with VTC mod is the biz.

I would put this one up there with the real deal in terms of quality and performance (maybe even better than some examples). I'd better duck now in case the boss of a certain company takes us to task. The founder of said company was called Adolph as I remember.

• 4 months later...

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1347393415' post='1800276']
OK Beedster, I'm from the North, ergo a bit 40 watt, but your ad header says sold???
[/quote]

Ha ha, I'm from the south and clearly of lower wattage still! Now revised. Cheers mate
C

Edited by Beedster

[quote name='Clarky' timestamp='1347393479' post='1800280']
Sorry to hear this Chris as I know how much you put effort/time into making this bass look, play and sound exactly how you wanted it to :(
[/quote]

Cheers mate, it ticks the boxes for me for sure but have a few big things coming up (I'll keep you posted) and so need to reorganise things a little.
C

[quote name='Stuee' timestamp='1347485785' post='1801629']
There really should be pics on this topic... any chance please? :)
[/quote]

I completely agree, but see http://basschat.co.uk/topic/173238-notice-for-owners-of-rickenbacker-copies/ for an explanation. You can PM me for pics via email

Chris