Why become a member? ×

Thunderfunk 550b withdrawn (sorry cant sell this baby).

hi all ,
got some things going down ,
may have to move this on its a 550b,
it has a niosy tube/solid state button (just clicks a bit) the original owner spoke to dave funk about it and he said its nowt to worry about.no other issuses at all
mint condition never run hot at all.
id like to keep hold of her but may have to sell.

price wise im thinking £ 650.00 0n0.they seem a bit rare
i have the handle and receipt and it has the rack ears too.
any thoughts?
kindest regards
ziggy
(just wanna say again its a feeler at the moment).

withdrawn as its too nice!!

Edited by ziggydolphinboy

Another advocate of these amps. re. getting a bad sound; I don't even use the EQ on this amp, all I've ever needed to do was tweak the Timbre & Enhance controls! 550w and it is unlikely to EVER run out of power.

As for the 'Switch'... I think they all do that, it is even mentioned in the manual IIRC.

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1334144541' post='1611481']
Another advocate of these amps. re. getting a bad sound; I don't even use the EQ on this amp, all I've ever needed to do was tweak the Timbre & Enhance controls! 550w and it is unlikely to EVER run out of power.

As for the 'Switch'... I think they all do that, it is even mentioned in the manual IIRC.
[/quote]

Never noticed the switch thing..and agree 100% about the semi 4 band..never ever have to touch it..might roll a bit off the bass control which lives at 12 o' clock most ot the time, so notched 'flat' as is everything else.

Timbre and enhance do 99% of things...but hardly touch them either...and I gig with two basses..which sound pretty different for jazzes, They are active tho so have a bit of EQ onboad.

Ziggy, are you nuts..?? <_<

Yep, my 'switch' is the same - a bit of a pop but it's normal.....

My TB750-A is superb and wouldn't be without it..as has been said, can't get a bad sound from it and very easy to dial-in what I need via Enahnce and Timbre

By the way, the Trace Elliot AH I bought from Ziggy is awesome, really loving it, top bloke to deal with so potential purchasers should have every confidence....

• 3 weeks later...

Ziggy...whatever you do...DO NOT SELL YOUR THUNDEFUNK......I've got two 550's and they are the best amps Ive ever played...just a honest and true sound that brings out the beauty in the tone your bass....

• 2 months later...

Is this withdrawn? I just started a search for one in Items Wanted http://basschat.co.uk/topic/181694-thunderfunk-550-preferably-or-750/page__pid__1732974#entry1732974

Edited by Clarky