Why become a member? ×

Punk covers band setlist

jezzaboy

MB1. B)
These might do?...then again? :o
Buzzcocks..What do i get?/ Fast Cars/Noise Annoys/
Magazine..The light pours out of me./shot by both sides.
Skids ..The Saints are coming/Into the Valley
Department S...Is Vic There?
Spizzenergi.....Wheres Captain Kirk?
Damned... New Rose/neat neat neat/love song
Penetration...Nostalgia
The Cure: Early Stuff !
Undertones: Teenage Kicks
Jam..A bomb in wardour street.
Clash: Complete Control.+
Jilted John: Jilted John.(just to be annoying!)
The Adverts: Gary Gilmours Eyes.
X Ray Spex : I live off you/ i am a poseur/oh bondage up yours
Wayne county and the Electric chairs...F**K O*f (slow the tempo!)
SLF : State of Emergency/suspect device
Stranglers:london lady/Dagenham Dave.
999: Emergency/Nasty Nasty.
Talking Heads:Pyscho Killer.
Sex Pistols: Submission+

Edited by MB1

Dead Kennedys - California Über Alles <------- (this one has a fantastic bassline)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UW8UlY8eXCk&feature=related[/media]

Living in NW3 - by Johnny Rubbish <<------- Johnny Rubbish was a comedian/singer who used to open for The Stranglers

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfKyoouCA0E[/media]

[u]Also[/u]
Urban kids - Chelsea
The Damned - Love Song
Neon - Bottles
The sniveling shits - I cant come
Eater - Space Dreaming
The Vibrators - London girls
The Valves - For Adolfs only
The Sex Pistols - Satellite

Edited by daz

[quote name='jezzaboy' timestamp='1331985537' post='1581708']
I`ve been searching for a band for a few months now but every band plays the same old crap, mustang sally, stuck in the middle, blah blah. So, the drummer in my old band has suggested a punkish covers band as he is an old punk himself. He is going to get a set list together but as his taste is up his behind sometimes, if someone on here plays in a punk covers band and can give me an idea of some songs that go down well and are not too extreme if you get my drift, I would be most grateful.

Please, save me from Sweet home alabamah!!!

Jez
[/quote]

[quote name='jezzaboy' timestamp='1331985537' post='1581708']
I`ve been searching for a band for a few months now but every band plays the same old crap, mustang sally, stuck in the middle, blah blah. So, the drummer in my old band has suggested a punkish covers band as he is an old punk himself. He is going to get a set list together but as his taste is up his behind sometimes, if someone on here plays in a punk covers band and can give me an idea of some songs that go down well and are not too extreme if you get my drift, I would be most grateful.

Please, save me from Sweet home alabamah!!!

Jez
[/quote]

no souixse on here yet?

for shame! :o

happy house or hong kong garden should go well

edit: and maybe a choice selection from one of the first three DEVO albums - WHIP IT perhaps?

editing the edit now - NEW YORK DOLLS - PERSONALITY CRISIS ....just for the line 'You got it while it was [b]HOT[/b]!' :lol:

Edited by steve-bbb

[quote name='rogerstodge' timestamp='1332185457' post='1584559']
Hi jez
Have a look on our website there's a big list of songs that we play that really go down well.
www.scam69.com
[/quote]

May be coming to see you guys on Fri, in Hornchurch, if I can get a couple of mates along., If not, def in Blacksmiths in St Albans in a few weeks.

For anyone in Scam69s locality, who likes punk/new wave - go and see them, they are really good.

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1332191132' post='1584670']

May be coming to see you guys on Fri, in Hornchurch, if I can get a couple of mates along., If not, def in Blacksmiths in St Albans in a few weeks.

For anyone in Scam69s locality, who likes punk/new wave - go and see them, they are really good.
[/quote]

We`ll I`ve seen the band a couple of times, and both times the bassist was playing a Ricky, and looked a bit like Mike Reed, the 80s DJ. Plus, he wasn`t the bassist as on the website. presume that was "Glam Rock Glenn"?

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1332226812' post='1584973']
We`ll I`ve seen the band a couple of times, and both times the bassist was playing a Ricky, and looked a bit like Mike Reed, the 80s DJ. Plus, he wasn`t the bassist as on the website. presume that was "Glam Rock Glenn"?
[/quote]

[quote name='WHUFC BASS' timestamp='1332322733' post='1586493']
Now that is a great track
[/quote]

Written by Dee Dee Ramone, who couldn't play it with his own band due to the stick up his ass, red neck Republican that was Johnny Ramone. Who would not let the band play it. If I remember correctly. (it must have been a good day he let them put [i]53rd & 3rd[/i] on the album)

Of course Dee Dee knew all about Chinese rocks and pawn shops. All the best tunes are written from true life.