Why become a member? ×

New skin

setekh

hehe...we just got upgraded :huh:

the new color scheme is OK (although the top gray banner could be lighter)

what I really dont like is the type...I find the letter spacing and the characters themselves in Arial to be to narrow for one to skim read/scan the text. I'd suggest a font-family field with the following - Verdana, (maybe) Helvetica, Arial, (and then the rest) Tahoma, "Trebuchet MS", Sans-Serif, Georgia, Courier, Serif (notice I dindt unclude times new roman...that just sucks :huh:)

sorry to be such an annoying/picky bastard :)

[quote name='setekh' post='17924' date='Jun 14 2007, 11:29 PM']what I really dont like is the type...I find the letter spacing and the characters themselves in Arial to be to narrow for one to skim read/scan the text.[/quote]

I know I'm getting on a bit, but I find it quite a bit harder to read too :)

Cool, it's already better than the last one. If you can, make one with light colours (like the current one) and one with darker ones. Also, one quick improvement would be to replace the invision logo with a basschat one... even if it is just a jpg saying "BASSCHAT". Having the invision logo seems unproffessional (although I know it's only temporary, but it shouldn't take more than 5 minutes to replace the logo anyway).
PS: I do find the font a bit tiring too, but I'm tired anyway as it's close to 2 after midnight here in Greece so I can't say for sure.

Edited by Dragonlord

What was wrong with the old skin. I dont like the new one, it doesnt give me anything and I would like to keep the old one - but it seems I cant select it any more.

It seems pretty arbitrary to force a new skin on people just because its "new" and "cool".

[quote name='Dragonlord' post='17929' date='Jun 14 2007, 11:36 PM']Cool, it's already better than the last one. If you can, make one with light colours (like the current one) and one with darker ones. Also, one quick improvement would be to replace the invision logo with a basschat one... even if it is just a jpg saying "BASSCHAT". Having the invision logo seems unproffessional (although I know it's only temporary, but it shouldn't take more than 5 minutes to replace the logo anyway).
PS: I do find the font a bit tiring too, but I'm tired anyway as it's close to 2 after midnight here in Greece so I can't say for sure.[/quote]

I'll knock something together now and send it to Phat.

:)

Sorry - quite stark & unpleasant to read - typeface too dark, background a bit too bright - ever wondered why books are usually printed on off-white paper? Using a monitor accentuates eye fatigue in the first place.

Also, a couple of PMs were waiting for me when ChaseBat "came back" - appears the old formatting for quote & image tags no longer work & the old smileys don't work either, at least in PMs

[push in the truck] [flower of power] [Top Ten hit]

Good to see [i]some[/i] things are the same. :) :huh:

Jon.

[quote name='Hamster' post='17940' date='Jun 14 2007, 11:55 PM']A nice vintage brown tortoiseshell would be nice :)[/quote]

I reckon that this one's too 'corporate' looking...

Seriously, how about more organic colours, brown, light brown etc?

Kinda like a natural ash bodied Jazz with a tort. scratchplate...

Or am I just being a pretentious graphics type ;-)

[quote name='wildman' post='17936' date='Jun 14 2007, 11:47 PM']What was wrong with the old skin. I dont like the new one, it doesnt give me anything and I would like to keep the old one - but it seems I cant select it any more.

It seems pretty arbitrary to force a new skin on people just because its "new" and "cool".[/quote]

I apologise, i'll arrange a refund immediately !

...wait a minute :)

Don't mind this new skin at all actually, I prefer it to the old one. Looks 'sharper' to me. It would still be nice to get an actual bass related skin at some point though, I imagine that this is just intended as temporary.

Edited by Waldo