Why become a member? ×

2x10 cab

Ou7shined

[quote name='Ou7shined' timestamp='1331721066' post='1577549']
Thanks again guys. :)

Out of curiosity, I decided to stick it on the scales last night.
The original Traveller 102P is quoted on the website as being 15kg. My monstrous behemoth with all it's extra bracing and battens along every joint weighs in at a colossal...

*drum roll*

... 15.8kg. Nae bad eh. :D
[/quote]

That is really light. Mine is the 'hf and that is over 20 kilos. (23.5 kg if i remember quite correctly.)

[quote name='Ou7shined' timestamp='1331904866' post='1580699']
I'm genuinely thinking of tidying it up a bit and using it on this cab now. :lol:
[/quote]

The picture or the beard? ;)

Edited by EdwardHimself

[quote name='Ou7shined' timestamp='1331904573' post='1580689']
I'll put my neck on the line here and say that I think my cab is probably the more articulate of the two (I feel like a heretic saying that).... maybe its just the honeymoon period talking... maybe not.
[/quote]

This is a really nice build!
I think that 'articulate'-ness is down to the big upper-mid peak in the Deltalites and the way they'll likely have a bump in the upper bass as well (depending on cab size/tuning) - I found it a bit much and preferred flatter speakers in the end, but you basically get instant scooped mids and a very useable 'up-front' freq response for bass guitar.
FWIW if Markbass still use the same drivers as they did a few years ago then they weigh about the same (the Deltalites are a tad more powerful). They use 15mm ply though, so the weight benefits of poplar are largely negated. You'll find that they'll quite quickly distort with 'real' bass, but then I think a lot of people don't really want as much of that as they imagine...pure 50Hz is [i]seriously[/i] deep.
Good work!

Rich, what a brilliant job you did on that, when I saw it in the rough it still looked the bizness, but covered in that white tolex ;) it looks great. I feel a 2 x 10 build coming my way coupled with a 1 x 15................... what did I say about GAS.

[quote name='Oldman' timestamp='1332500163' post='1589111']
Rich, what a brilliant job you did on that, when I saw it in the rough it still looked the bizness, but covered in that white tolex ;) it looks great. I feel a 2 x 10 build coming my way coupled with a 1 x 15................... what did I say about GAS.
[/quote]

[size=6]It's CREEEEEEAM![/size]

:lol:

[quote name='neepheid' timestamp='1332695725' post='1591754']
Right, let's put this issue to bed. Do we all agree that a Polytune pedal is white?

It's cream. And loud :)
[/quote]

The T shirt looks white to me.

You've tried this haven't you Mr Neep, go on admit it tsk tsk ;)

[quote name='Oldman' timestamp='1332711484' post='1592095']
I feel a production run coming on...
[/quote]

Excellent notion. The following colour options should be available:

Champagne, Eggshell, Bone, Milk, Vanilla, Antique White, Linen, Old Lace, Ghost White, Vintage White, Butter, Snow, Seashell and er... Cheese.

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1332711745' post='1592101']
Excellent notion. The following colour options should be available:

Champagne, Eggshell, Bone, Milk, Vanilla, Antique White, Linen, Old Lace, Ghost White, Vintage White, Butter, Snow, Seashell and er... Cheese.
[/quote]

:lol:

And the sundry hardware will come in you choice of raven, ebony, jet, coal, obsidian, onyx and dark slate options.