Why become a member? ×

Gear stolen from Halifax, West Yorkshire

peteb

My good mate and erstwhile band leader, Paddy Maguire has had the following gear stolen last night from his car in Ovenden, Halifax in West Yorkshire:[list]
[*]A black Fender Strat guitar – 1984 black strat with cigarette burns on the head stock, a 'paddycaster' name plate on the scratch plate and a Philip Sayce ‘Peace Machine’ sticker behind the bridge
[*]Germino amp head – a LD55 Lead and has the serial number rockgrinder 1 (boutique copy of an old Marshall Plexi)
[*]A large pedal board – including an Oxfuzz 2, a Jim Dunlop custom wah wah, Dunlop rota vibe, Hep Cat, Line 6 DL4, all in a powered flight case
[/list]
He is going to be devastated about this, especially the Germino amp, which is unique and used to belong to one of his heroes (Philip Sayce) and has appeared at on many albums and the Grammy Awards show on american TV, etc

All of this stuff is pretty unique and any help in recovering it will be GREATLY appreciated! Please keep your eyes peeled………..

I know!

He had just come back from a studio and was presumably knackered. We've come back from gigs at 4 o'clock in the morning before now and he would always unload the car before he went to bed. Especially that amp, which he loved

Just goes to show, the first time you leave something in a car could be the first time some scroat is out on the rob.....

Edited by peteb

[quote name='peteb' timestamp='1331381606' post='1572101']
I know!

He had just come back from a studio and was presumably knackered. We've come back from gigs at 4 o'clock in the morning before now and he would always unload the car before he went to bad. Especially that amp, which he loved

Just goes to show, the first time you leave something in a car could be the first time some scroat is out on the rob.....
[/quote]
gutted for him, gear theives are the the lowest, it allways has an emotional attatchment.
eyes and ears open lanc side of penines too. hope the F**er is caught.

[quote name='peteb' timestamp='1331381606' post='1572101']
....Just goes to show, the first time you leave something in a car could be the first time some scroat is out on the rob.....
[/quote]

These are [i]very[/i] wise words.

Hope you're mate gets his gear back.

Went to school in Ovenden. It I hadn't had my skull padlocked, chained and superglued they'd have stolen my brains. Severe shortage in some parts round there, yet in other parts you have the nicest most intelligent human beings you'd ever want to meet. I'll ask friends and family still there to keep an eye out.

Hoping for a speedy recovery of intact gear.

Edited by ShergoldSnickers

[quote name='ShergoldSnickers' timestamp='1331383510' post='1572128']
Went to school in Ovenden. It I hadn't had my skull padlocked, chained and superglued they'd have stolen my brains. Severe shortage in some parts round there, yet in other parts you have the nicest most intelligent human beings you'd ever want to meet. I'll ask friends and family still there to keep an eye out.

Hoping for a speedy recovery of intact gear.
[/quote]
Thanks for that Snicks - almost certainly some local scroat who won't know what he's nicked, so it might come to light if local people hear anything and pass on information

Where he lives isn't too bad, but that just lulls you into a false sense of security cos there are some not very nice parts just around the corner

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1331390181' post='1572247']
Silly question, but have pics been emailed to all the Crack Coverters, etc in the area?
[/quote]
Not a silly question at all, but [color=#000000]apparently [/color]the first thing that he did

[quote name='peteb' timestamp='1331390883' post='1572271']
Not a silly question at all, but [color=#000000]apparently [/color]the first thing that he did
[/quote]

Great. I would say there's a fairly good chance of at least getting the Germino back.
Let's hope the silly bastard(s) make a stupid mistake.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='dmccombe7' timestamp='1334317981' post='1614372']
My worst nightmare !!!
No words can explain feelings on this one but hopefully the gear is still ok and that maybe someone will know who the scum was.

Hope all is well

All the very best
Dave
[/quote]
Cheers Dave

Obviously it seems like a big thing at the time and it p155es you off but no one died and all it costs is a bit of money and inconvenience so you have to put it in a bit of prospective.

Still, great to get it back - luck of the Irish eh...!

Funnily enough, he's just arranged to buy another amp, even going as far as negotiating an "endorsement deal" to get it a bit cheaper. Dunno what he will do now??

[quote name='peteb' timestamp='1334319442' post='1614409']
Cheers Dave

Obviously it seems like a big thing at the time and it p155es you off but no one died and all it costs is a bit of money and inconvenience so you have to put it in a bit of prospective.

Still, great to get it back - luck of the Irish eh...!

Funnily enough, he's just arranged to buy another amp, even going as far as negotiating an "endorsement deal" to get it a bit cheaper. Dunno what he will do now??
[/quote]

Maybe a blessing in disguise in a round about sort of way. If he gets an endorsement that'll be a nice bonus and lift his spirits a bit.
You still get very attached to your gear though and its annoying when someone takes what you've worked hard for over the years.

Its still good to see a happy type of ending though and that bit definately cheered me up as i read through the post.
Well done and good luck to him with the endorsement deal.
If he wants i could keep his old gear for him in a very safe place. :lol:

Dave

[quote name='dmccombe7' timestamp='1334328940' post='1614706']
Maybe a blessing in disguise in a round about sort of way. If he gets an endorsement that'll be a nice bonus and lift his spirits a bit.

[/quote]
It would take more than some gear being stolen to dampen Paddy's spirits for long, always a silver lining - the most upbeat guy that I've ever met!

Gets a bit annoying at times...! :unsure: :)

Edited by peteb

[quote name='peteb' timestamp='1334333200' post='1614798']
It would take more than some gear being stolen to dampen Paddy's spirits for long, always a silver lining - the most upbeat guy that I've ever met!

Gets a bit annoying at times...! :unsure: :)
[/quote]

I'm extremely envious of guys with that upbeat attitude to life. <_<
Dave