Why become a member? ×

Best Gig You Ever Played?

Icarus_147

So last night I played played the Academy 2 in Newcastle. It was amazing. We rocked so goddamn hard, and we even managed to get a pit going during our last two songs, without any encouragement or anything. There were maybe 150-200 people there, so it's the first time I've played anything this big. I know it's not massive, but the most we've ever had before is maybe 70 people. I don't think I've ever felt quite this good before. I had so. Much. Fun.

*Edit! I'd also like to add that my ears are still ringing. Not because it was too loud, but apparently young girls can hit a pitch when they scream that is actually physically painful. I should also clarify that it wasn't all young girls we played to. >.>

So what about you guys? What are the best, biggest gigs you've played? Most memorable?

Kgo.

Edited by Icarus_147

Definitely Music on The Moor (an outdoor bi-annual music festival) in Hemel Hempstead, in 2009, with The Daves.

Crowd of about 6000, and that day we just played great, somedays you do, some you don`t, but we were of fire that day. Used our own guitars, bass, cymbals, but as it was an all-day/eve thing, we had to use the amps & kit provided. The sound-men knew their job perfectly, and it went fantastic. We were on at 8 in the evening, did 10 quick-fire punk classics, and were the only band to get a mosh-pit going for the day.

No other gig comes close to that one, for me.

I'd say the Tartan Heart festifal in Beladrum near inverness. We've played there for the last 2 years and it's been great both times. There's a nice atmosphere, lots of interestin bands and people, and for some reason we seem to go down really well there and get a huge crowd.

Hopefully we'll be there again this year, but even if we don't play I think I'll go just to experience it.

Depends on who you ask. Sometimes I've come off thinking I played sh_t, and people have said it was an excellent gig, other times I've come off thinking no bum notes or missed chord changes, timing spot on, and people have said Not one of your best. Maybe there are some folks that like bum notes and bad timing ...

I was playing in mostly 'birthday bands'ie, if it's me or one f my musician friends birthday we'll play a gig of covers.
Well, we got together , and played a gig for the guvnor of the 'coach& horses in croxley green.
We started off with plates falling from the windows(bass vibration).
The crowd would not let us finish! 3 encores later, we run out of stuff. Then playing the riff to
'Big Spender' after the second playing of 'Nancy Boy'. The crowd loved us,and wouldn't let me or guitarist go.
Awesome ;)

Ive got 2, neither of them are to huge crowds like the others mentioned before but to me these moments were just incredible.
The 1st one was playing at The Charlotte before it went bust, it was in my old pop punk band and we opened up with eye of the tiger and because I was going out with the owners neice he turned out all the lights so when my drum sticks lit up when I played it made the intro look amazing really proffesional.

The 2nd was hearing the crowd sing along to a song I wrote, it was a ballad which I normally step down from the drums and join in having a sing song but on this occasion I could hold the mic to the crowd and feel like a god, I still cant explain how amazing that felt, it nearly brought a tear to my eye :)

[b]No.1: [/b]Manchester Academy 3, 23rd of July 2011, Supporting That Sunday Feeling (Attack Attack, McFly). A Little Bit Outlaw, So Called Friends, 7 Day Weekend, Neon Sarcastic and That Sunday Feeling

We got moved down the bill from 3rd to first, due to only selling i think 8 tickets, out of the 100 they gave us, and also got our set cut short, but despite that. We got onstage, crowd of about 100 maybe, nobody in the room had heard of us (Other than one of the other bands who we knew) which made it better than if everyone had come to see us. It basically gave us a chance to do what we wanted to do, not to try to do something new to please our fans, and my god did the crowd respond. We ended with Stacy's Mom, and although it isn't one of my songs, seeing everyone in the room dancing and singing along to a song you're playing, is a damn good feeling. Not to mention the fact that i had an Ampeg SVT-810e blasting at my back, which felt good.

[b]No.2:[/b] Daisy Hill Cricket Club, 29th of January 2011, supported by Unauthorized Access.

Our 2nd gig of the year, and one we weren't expecting to be anywhere near as good as it was. In the end we ended up drawing so many people that the club owner had to stand on the door and stop another 40 or so people coming in. To top of that, we played the best we had played for months, and had an incredibly good sound.Our guitarists dad even came up from Cornwall (7 hours to get here, and 10 back the day after) for the gig, which was a surprise for everyone. Our next gig there had to be ticketed and was nowhere near as good.

A bit long winded, and not the best gigs ever, but they were good to me.

Liam