Why become a member? ×

Fender Japan 1957 RI Precision * SOLD*

Clarky

Hi there, new Forumite here. I have a two-tone sunburst m/n Fender Japanese P bass I want to sell (I have too many basses!).

Cost me £489 from Guitar Emporium in 2006 and I got them to add a chrome Badass bridge (another £60) to improve sustain etc. If it had not been for my cleaner hoovering too close and putting a small ding on the underside of the body (not visible from the front) I could claim this is in pristine as well as ungigged condition.

Any interest out there? Not sure what to charge but certainly not interested in <£300 given it cost me about £550. Prefer cash as have enough basses and the only thing I want rig-wise is a Markbass head for practices (my Tech 21 head is 26lb in its rack case which is fine for gigs but ...)

Cheers Clarky

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='Clarky' post='173288' date='Apr 9 2008, 04:46 PM']Hi there, new Forumite here. I have a two-tone sunburst m/n Fender Japanese P bass I want to sell (I have too many basses!).[/quote]

Hi Clarky,

where are you and can you post photographs (of the bass, not your house ;-)

[quote name='bremen' post='173296' date='Apr 9 2008, 04:52 PM']Hi Clarky,

where are you and can you post photographs (of the bass, not your house ;-)[/quote]

I live nr Hammersmith in central London. I'm new to forum so new to the IT here - will try and upload photos tonight. Cheers Clarky

Hi Clarky and welcome!

As a noobie there's probably loads of stuff people would like to know about you, why not pop over to the 'Introductions' section of the forum and... introduce yourself. It'll probably stop your sale thread getting bogged down with introductions type stuff.

Good luck with your sale.

Here are some photos (I hope!), its a basswood body with Japanese p/u's - precise specs are here on Guitar Emporium page (http://www.guitaremporium.co.uk/index.php?f=data_fender_japan_new_guitars&a=3) although obviously it differs slightly by virtue of addition of Badass

Cheers Clarky

[attachment=7438:IMG_0065.JPG]
[attachment=7439:IMG_0063.JPG][attachment=7440:IMG_0064.JPG]

Just a heads up Clarky, i had the exact bass last year and sold mine for £390.00 it also had Badass II bridge fitted along with SD Bassline pickups, straplocks, 3 ply pickguard, black knobs, hardcase and all the original parts i took off it too.

So i'm just saying don't get your hopes up too much!

Yep, £350 ovno (including ParcelForce delivery) - would also consider swap for Markbass amp (Little Mark II?) or Tech 21 Landmark 120 combo, if that makes things easier. Alternatively can be picked up from Hammersmith area, London for £325

Edited by Clarky

Fender Jap basses don't come with a case as far as I am aware - just a really crappy unpadded Fender logo-ed soft gigbag. I have a generic Hiscox (I think) hard case that I will throw in if the buyer pays £350 inc postage. Cheers Clarky

[quote name='Clarky' post='173288' date='Apr 9 2008, 04:46 PM']Hi there, new Forumite here. I have a two-tone sunburst m/n Fender Japanese P bass I want to sell (I have too many basses!).

Cost me £489 from Guitar Emporium in 2006 and I got them to add a chrome Badass bridge (another £60) to improve sustain etc. If it had not been for my cleaner hoovering too close and putting a small ding on the underside of the body (not visible from the front) I could claim this is in pristine as well as ungigged condition.

Any interest out there? Not sure what to charge but certainly not interested in <£300 given it cost me about £550. Prefer cash as have enough basses and the only thing I want rig-wise is a Markbass head for practices (my Tech 21 head is 26lb in its rack case which is fine for gigs but ...)

Cheers Clarky[/quote]
SOLD pending the usual