Why become a member? ×

Just a bit of a rant...

Bones12

This will serve next to no purpose but for me to vent some frustration!

So last week someone kindly agreed to buy a bass off me from Preloved, which was great! I agreed to arrange a courier to them thinking it would be an easy thing to do, they'd come round and pick it up and that would be the end of it.

On Wednesday I booked through Interparcel (who divvy it out to another company) a collection between 12 and 5:30pm on Friday, packaged the bass up all nice and snug and safe and left it at that.

Friday comes. No courier arrives. Thing is that as I'd waited until 5:30 I couldn't ring Interparcel's customer services as they shut at 5 on Friday for the entire weekend. Luckily they had told me that UPS would be picking up the bass, so I rang them up and after about 2 hours they rang back apologising, but were willing to arrange a collection today (Monday) between 9 and 1. Not brilliant, but fine. I rang Interparcel back this morning to keep them in the loop and they were fine with it. You can probably see where this is heading though.

It's nearly 2pm and they haven't turned up. Unbelievable. Just about to ring Interparcel AGAIN and have a massive moan at them; I've got a fair few things I'd rather be doing than sitting in waiting for a van to turn up! Worst part is that I'm afraid the buyer will think I'm trying to scam him out of some cash - being the lovely chap he is, he's already sent me half the money!

This happened to anyone else? Anything in particular I should be moaning about to them?

[quote name='woodyratm' timestamp='1330955601' post='1565270']
I had the same thing - except I booked with Parcel2go (Still with UPS though).

Were meant to collect on Friday but I'm still waiting! Thankfully its being collected from my office.
[/quote]

Thankfully mine was just collected. :)

I have used Interparcel a lot lately. Whenever I use UPS or City Link through them the guys always turn up on schedule, are polite and efficient, but if I use TNT it's a total lottery! I even had a TNT office call to say the driver was in my road but couldn't find my house, so I told them [i]exactly[/i] where I lived and they still failed to pick up on the scheduled day!

Interparcel are always great at refunding if a collection is missed, but as you say, it doesn't compensate for the wasted time....