Why become a member? ×

Tower of Power at Ronnies, March 9th

yorks5stringer

If it had been anywhere other than RS's. I'd've been all over this the day they went a sale. I dislike the venue intently so I passed. My drummer is going though so now I feel a bit daft for not putting up with the cramped, overpriced cave :( Have a great time all of you who are going TOP are bound to deliver.

[quote name='ezbass' timestamp='1331202005' post='1569199']
If it had been anywhere other than RS's. I'd've been all over this the day they went a sale. I dislike the venue intently so I passed. My drummer is going though so now I feel a bit daft for not putting up with the cramped, overpriced cave :( Have a great time all of you who are going TOP are bound to deliver.
[/quote]
less cramped than an old cinema/theatre style venue - especially if you get a ticket on one of the centre tables loads of room to stretch your legs !

ive seen george duke twice at RS - first time was back in the 'cramped bit' at the sides so second time i paid the extra for the top price ticket - i like specifically that if you get there early at front of queue they give you a good table - i wasnt right at the front of queue but was still lucky enough to get a centre table directly at the edge of the stage directly in front of the man himself - given the price of tickets at other larger less personal venues i dont think the 48 quid for this gig was at all unreasonable :)

Edited by steve-bbb

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1331204902' post='1569269']
Is this the one with PB Underground supporting?
[/quote]

No, it looks like RS Allstars with Sam Burgess on DB, although I've seen them a few times and never the same line-up...that could be why they are called "All-Stars"!

[quote name='BottomE' timestamp='1331038714' post='1566627']
I'm off to the show in Camden! Half the price of Ronnies.
[/quote]
Same here! Much better deal. Also PB Undeground are supporting at KoKo! Going to be an amazing night.
I do love Ronnie's but the KoKo gig is really the one people should've gone for.

• 2 months later...