Why become a member? ×

very cheap Overwater 4

Rich

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' post='173495' date='Apr 9 2008, 10:37 PM']Allo!

That is a fine bass - it belongs to Mike Edmunds (aka bassworm) - his green one is also delicious!

Cheers!

Nick (ps - just bought another Vigier!)[/quote]

It is indeed mine. It was a tough toss up between selling the green or the red one. I prefer the sound of the red, but the neck on the green one is much nicer and sooner or later I'll fiddle around with it to improve the racket it makes. Decisions eh?
Hi Nick, how's life?

Mike E.

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' post='173495' date='Apr 9 2008, 10:37 PM']Nick (ps - just bought another Vigier!)[/quote]

That one off Ebay?

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250231217670"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=250231217670[/url]

Ped and I had it on our watch lists too.

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='173610' date='Apr 10 2008, 07:18 AM']That one off Ebay?

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250231217670"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=250231217670[/url]

Ped and I had it on our watch lists too.[/quote]

That was up my way too.....

might have had a dabble if i'd spotted it..... getting interested in these instruments since I very briefly fiddled with Nick's battered beast in a motorway service station !! :)

Allosch!

Yes. Bought said Passion bass - bit of a bargain eh?! I found Ped's bass so very excellent I vowed to find a similar instrument and there we are, two weeks later and theres one on t' Ebay - I just love those all graphite necks!

Hi Mike - good to hear from you - def. keep that green one! All is well out here in the fens.

Mr Littler - glad you liked the battered beast - went down very well at the recent bash!

Many thanks!

Nick

[quote name='mgauction' post='174301' date='Apr 11 2008, 02:52 AM']Mike - That is a nice one? Any chance you'd post to the USA?[/quote]

You're not going to believe this but it came from the US, I bought it from a guy in Boston!

I'm sure that would be possible, not sure what the shipping would be but I suspect it would not be cheap.

Scottsdale eh? I went there about 10 years ago to have a look at Frank Lloyd Wright's house while I was working in Tucson. I do like AZ, I've had some good fun there.

Cheers,
Mike E

Funny how these things get passed along. I live about 4 miles from Taliesin. This is the beautiful time of the year! Completely gorgeous, clear skies, crisp and about 77 degrees. Want to come out again and bring the bass! :huh:

I am checking with a buddy of mine in the London area. I have no idea how far you are from him. I think he is coming to Dallas next week for the Dallas Guitar Show (worth all the time & money for all you Brits with the strong pound). It would be cool if I could talk him into lugging it :)

[quote name='mgauction' post='174772' date='Apr 11 2008, 06:19 PM']Funny how these things get passed along. I live about 4 miles from Taliesin. This is the beautiful time of the year! Completely gorgeous, clear skies, crisp and about 77 degrees. Want to come out again and bring the bass! :huh:

I am checking with a buddy of mine in the London area. I have no idea how far you are from him. I think he is coming to Dallas next week for the Dallas Guitar Show (worth all the time & money for all you Brits with the strong pound). It would be cool if I could talk him into lugging it :)[/quote]

Fine by me, I live about a half hour north of London so it would be easy to meet up with him.

No idea when I'll next be in that part of the world. I'm long overdue for a visit. I have great memories of mountain biking in the desert west of Tucson, and of going up Mt Lemmon. Also of exploring places like Flagstaff and Globe. Nice part of the USA.

Mike E.

[quote name='Bassworm' post='174783' date='Apr 11 2008, 06:52 PM']I have great memories of mountain biking in the desert west of Tucson, and of going up Mt Lemmon. Also of exploring places like Flagstaff and Globe. Nice part of the USA.

Mike E.[/quote]

Eeh, guess what I was doing a few weeks ago!

[url="http://www.mtbroutes.com/features/states08.shtml"]http://www.mtbroutes.com/features/states08.shtml[/url]

[quote name='mgauction' post='174813' date='Apr 11 2008, 07:55 PM']Great photos! Biking is one of my favorite hobbies, next to basses. I could have passed you somewhere on the trail and we wouldn't have even known! You guys really do get out here! With the dollar so down right now you can come here and live like kings.[/quote]

The best thing is I don't pay, my employer pays me to spend a couple of weeks training at Tucson airport so I get my holiday for free, hire a bike and have fun. Although it would be nice to take my Klein out there rather than hire something locally.

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' post='174216' date='Apr 10 2008, 10:01 PM']Allosch!

Yes. Bought said Passion bass - bit of a bargain eh?! I found Ped's bass so very excellent I vowed to find a similar instrument and there we are, two weeks later and theres one on t' Ebay - I just love those all graphite necks!

Hi Mike - good to hear from you - def. keep that green one! All is well out here in the fens.

Mr Littler - glad you liked the battered beast - went down very well at the recent bash!

Many thanks!

Nick[/quote]

Hi Nick,

Let me know when you get her, I would be very interested to hear how it compares (because of course mine has Marleaux electronics). Let me know if you want to sell the case, too. I have been looking for one for years. Nearly bought one that used to belong to Alphonso Johnson but missed it!!