Why become a member? ×

FREE HARLEY DAVIDSON with this Washburn XB600 Six String Bass with Seymour Duncan STC-3 Preamp!

Buy this Washburn XB600 Six String Bass with Seymour Duncan STC-3 Preamp , and get my [b]Harley Davidson Softail Standard 2006 [/b]for free!

I understand this is the older model made in Korea before the move to the current made in China production models. It features an Alder body with an Ash top, Maple Neck/Rosewood Fingerboard. The playability is really good as it has been set up by ace six-string bass player/luther, [b]Jim Fleeting[/b], setting it up with a nice buzz free low action with accurate intonation. The previous owner upgraded the pots and preamp with a Seymour Duncan STC-3 Preamp (£130 for the parts alone), and according to the Duncan web site this On board Tone Circuits add tremendous tonal versatility. Enables the player to add to subtract EQ at center frequencies voiced specifically for electric bass. They feature low noise, low distortion and high headroom. Useful for all musical styles and genres.

Three bands of active EQ, master volume, blend, plus the proprietary Slap Switch. The lows are deep, clear, and tight. The mids range from ultra-smooth to punchy and all points in between. The treble control can produce a very wide, very usable response that is brilliant, yet smooth without any brittleness. Pulling up on the volume knob engages the proprietary Slap Switch, a special EQ contour made just for slap-style playing. And it has to be said it totally transformed this bass into a very versatile instrument, it can do it all from straight ahead jazz, to slap funk and aggressive rock.
The bass may look scruffy but it’s a very playable gigging and recording instrument, and the strings are in great condition so won't need changing unless you don't like them.

And, for the price of £9,250, you have this lovely bass with my lovely Harley Davidson Softail Standard 2006. Chopper style, with big fat rear tyre. Bought new by me 2 years old, 4,500 miles, serviced 50 miles a go. Has £1,700 of extras, including mega comfortable Mustang solo seat/back rest (but you can the original dual seat for free too), Stage 1 tuning with Screaming Eagle pipes, solo rack, Harley handlebar-mounted clock and cherished plate (V2 NXN).

As you can see, this is a bargain package, but is priced to go quick. More pics/info on request.

[quote name='Machines' post='172171' date='Apr 8 2008, 12:48 PM']Are you seriously selling the bike ?[/quote]
Yes, sadly. A job I was taking up has fallen through, and for some reason, Mrs BORN "B MILD isn't keen on selling the house so I can keep it. :)

[quote name='Born 2B Mild' post='172179' date='Apr 8 2008, 01:00 PM']Yes, sadly. A job I was taking up has fallen through, and for some reason, Mrs BORN "B MILD isn't keen on selling the house so I can keep it. :huh:[/quote]

Tut tut, so many people on here sell lovely basses/bikes due to spousal pressure. As the man of the house, you should out your foot down and tell her you're keeping the bike and you're off to live in a council house whether she likes it or not! Don't forget to add that if she behaves, you might let her stay in the bedroom and put the bike in the garage :)

[quote name='molan' post='172653' date='Apr 8 2008, 10:13 PM']I just sold this little baby - didn't throw in a bass with it though!

Should be getting the money at the weekend and may well use some of it to fund a bass purchase. . . .[/quote]
Wow! There's a thread here somewhere ..."If this was a bass, which would it be"!

[quote name='molan' post='172653' date='Apr 8 2008, 10:13 PM']I just sold this little baby - didn't throw in a bass with it though!

Should be getting the money at the weekend and may well use some of it to fund a bass purchase. . . .[/quote]

What is it victory?