Why become a member? ×

Surf Green P/J Bass SOLD!

2x18

Nice custom built P/J bass -- the solid wood body has had a reasonable respray in Surf Green and the neck is one I bought a few years ago from E-bay, supposedly a Fender Japan Jazz neck, but I am not convinced about that!

It is a really nice very fast neck though, with a very similar profile to my Geddy Lee. The block markers are stick on and can be easily removed if required.

The Jazz pickup is a Large Pole John Suhr noiseless, and the Precision I believe is a Armstrong vintage alnico!

Pots are C.T.S. and capacitor is a Paper in oil! 3 Ply torty pickguard.

Heavy duty bridge fitted and a new set of Elite Flats fitted. Weight is a very comfortable 3.7 kg ( Just over 8 lbs )

Schaller Straplocs fitted!

Any trial welcome, and would prefer collection from Leeds so you can view and try before you buy at [s]£220.00[/s] --- Now £180.00 But can possibly meet up Between Leeds and Newark, or Lincoln A1 region!

[attachment=100831:IMG_0909.JPG][attachment=100832:IMG_0910.JPG][attachment=100833:IMG_0911.JPG][attachment=100834:IMG_0912.JPG][attachment=100835:IMG_0913.JPG][attachment=100836:IMG_0914.JPG]

Edited by 2x18

[quote name='2x18' timestamp='1330097356' post='1552745']

Sorry Claude -- Not prepared to ship -- Dont have a spare case or Gigbag for it!

You are welcome to collect!

Will.
[/quote]
Will, I'm from Brussels...can you find a second hand gigbag or carton case...rgds..claude

[quote name='Gust0o' timestamp='1330087751' post='1552472']
Very nice colour, 2x18. Is the body Fender also?
[/quote]
Not absolutely sure about the body, but I think it could be an old Squier!

Will.

[quote name='Papou' timestamp='1330099350' post='1552799']
Will, I'm from Brussels...can you find a second hand gigbag or carton case...rgds..claude
[/quote]

Sorry Claude --Several UK members have also asked me to post, but I dont have the packaging, and I also had a bad experience with couriers!

Will.

Edited by 2x18

[quote name='Ben Jamin' timestamp='1330381681' post='1556692']
Don't suppose you'd be interested in a trade? :)
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/169360-ibanez-btb555-for-your-precision/"]http://basschat.co.u...your-precision/[/url]
[/quote]

Hi Ben --Thanks for the offer but I am only playing Short scale 4 string at present!

Thats the only reason i'm selling most of my 34" Basses, Though I must say this P/J has one of the best Jazz necks I have ever played - Definitely on a par with my Geddy Lee and the Bacchus Jazz I sold recently!

[quote name='SquarePlayer' timestamp='1330609883' post='1560303']
Hi there,

Where abouts in Leeds are you?

Thanks
[/quote]
Hi - I'm in Leeds LS15 very close to J 46 of M1 North.

Will.
[list]
[*][url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/169049-surf-green-pj-bass-jazz-neck/#ipboard_body"]Back to top[/url]
[/list]

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1330639028' post='1560971']
Is it easy enough (and not 'too' expensive) to get another one of those Suhr Jazz pups?

I realise you mentioned driving down the M1 but do you ever venture North up the M1? ;)
[/quote]

Hi John

I got the John Suhr secondhand from the forum quite a while ago -- you dont see many around! -- Its good but I prefer the DiMarzio Model J.

I was up your way a few weeks ago ( Met up with Benedict -- "Benebass" ) while on a shopping trip at the Metro centre, but dont think I will be back up again for a while!

Will.

[quote name='Bassmonkey' timestamp='1330776421' post='1562795']
I can wholeheartedly recommend this gent as a seller. A lovely guy. The guitar looks great am sat here pondering on whether I need another P bass.....temptation is a terrible thing. Andy
[/quote]

Thanks Andy!

Drastic price reduction to First to come and try it at £180.00 cash

Will.