Why become a member? ×

Born To Be Wild - Bass Cock Up

Hobbayne

Been running through the bass part for this song for tonights rehearsal, and noticed a discrepency in the repeat of the first verse after the organ solo where the bassist seems to miss the G where the singer goes "Yea darling gonna make it happen!" is it just me? :blink:

If you're right, it's a real dilema - do you play it wrong because that's how the original was, or correct it?

I never saw it as a song you needed to be that accurate with. So long as you get something vaguely like the high twiddly bit, everyone's happy.

The entry for Steppenwolf in The Great Rock Discography amused me: "they continued to inflict their tired biker rock on audiences into the 90s"

[quote name='spinynorman' timestamp='1329146610' post='1537784']
The entry for Steppenwolf in The Great Rock Discography amused me: "they continued to inflict their tired biker rock on audiences into the 90s"
[/quote]

:D

I.ll just play it straight, the other verses are all ok, so whos to know? :happy:

[quote name='arthurhenry' timestamp='1329161794' post='1538217']
Yes, it's a well known mistake.
[/quote]

So it is :huh: well I never!
[url="http://www.guitargeek.com/chat/now-playing-35/mistakes-made-album-18825/"]http://www.guitargeek.com/chat/now-playing-35/mistakes-made-album-18825/[/url]

[quote name='leftyhook' timestamp='1329180094' post='1538547']
What about the monumental cock-up in Jean Genie by Trevor Boulder? I read somewhere that it was actually the guitarist changing too soon, and another that TB made 3 mistakes in that song on the recording!
Still a great player with some choice runs.
[/quote]

Yup thats why you hear Bowie muttering 'get back on it' just before the first Chorus.

Dopey singer I used to play with thought that was supposed to be part of the song, and stuck it in front of every chorus, used to annoy me no end!!

[quote name='BRANCINI' timestamp='1329180540' post='1538549']
who cares ? its rock n roll and aint meant to be perfect.

You could lways do it like this..

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9m0_7nZHw2c[/media]
[/quote]

Yes. With just guitars and no keys, I think this is a good way to go. A bit pre-punk punk. Been trying to get my lot to try it like this - just didn't ever sound right the normnal way.