Why become a member? ×

Audition tonight

shaundixon666

So I have an audition tonight for a local groove metal band and I am a mixture of excited and nervous. The bands sound is like Pantera + down + crowbar had a baby.

This is only my second real audition for a band as most of the bands I have been in the past have been through friends. I have learnt the material over the past week and am pretty confident I can play the stuff.

There is me and one other guy so there is an element of competition. I really hope I get it as it is the kind of band I have been looking to join for years.

Sorry for the random topic but it kind of helps me to write it down.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1329143313' post='1537691']
Good luck! I had a jam with a metal band yesterday, and today I'm nearly deaf in my right ear.
Remember to take your plugs! It was very, very stupid of me to forget mine! :mellow:

I SAID, IT WAS VERY... you get the point.
[/quote]

Yeah I have already got them in my gig bag, ready to go. I learnt the hard way a little while back.

Thanks for words of support guys, I will let you know how it goes.

Groove metal..??? good luck on both counts.

But if you have put in the work, then there isn't much else you can do.. maybe you need to connect with them personally but that will depdnd if you
can like the guys.

Just be yourself and do your best

As I said, best of luck

Well I am pleased to say that I am now in a kick ass groove metal band :) I got there and it turned out that they were auditioning a drummer at the same point. This really helped me as not only did it make it easier to jam with a live drummer but also he was very talented.

We ran through 3 or 4 songs and it all just felt natural, like we had been playing for ages. After those songs I was offered the place there and then. Great bunch of guys, had a good laugh too which always helps.

Turns out the other bassist couldnt make last night :P Thanks for all the advice guys and I will post up some links to the bands soundcloud later on tonight as they have some tracks recorded.

[quote name='shaundixon666' timestamp='1329209828' post='1538655']
Well I am pleased to say that I am now in a kick ass groove metal band :) I got there and it turned out that they were auditioning a drummer at the same point. This really helped me as not only did it make it easier to jam with a live drummer but also he was very talented.

We ran through 3 or 4 songs and it all just felt natural, like we had been playing for ages. After those songs I was offered the place there and then. Great bunch of guys, had a good laugh too which always helps.

Turns out the other bassist couldnt make last night :P Thanks for all the advice guys and I will post up some links to the bands soundcloud later on tonight as they have some tracks recorded.
[/quote]

Nice one mate :)

So you were better than the other bassist then :P

Thanks guys :)

[quote name='Truckstop' timestamp='1329210656' post='1538670']
Oooh, well done mate! I have an audition for a band on saturday, hope it goes as well as yours did!

Nice one!

Truckstop
[/quote]

I am sure you will do great, but I can only re-iterate the advice given here. The one thing they said to me was that it was great how there was no awkward silences and that we all had a laugh. So just relax and be friendly :)

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1329214353' post='1538751']
WELL DONE MATE! BassChatters rule! You must be feeling prreeeeettyyyy good! :D
[/quote]

Thanks mate, yeah I am feeling damn good at the moment :) Although I didn't get much sleep as the adrenaline was still going when I got back at 11pm.

[quote name='Jayben' timestamp='1329214951' post='1538768']
Excellent news man! What's the name of the band? A member of my band stays in the Toon for uni, so I can probably get him in touch to sort some gigs together when you're ready (Y)

Happy for ya dude :D
[/quote]

Thanks dude, the band is called Hellion Rising. Any help would be appreciated but I think for the time being we are going to set our sights on getting all the material down. I just can't wait till next monday now for another good jam.