Why become a member? ×

Bruce Foxton Appearing on Rotosound Stand At The London Bass Guitar Show 2012

dave31kdrums

[color=black][font=Arial][size=2]The Jam’s Fantastic Mr Foxton will be on the [email="http://www.rotosound.com"]Rotosound[/email] stand at this years London Bass show, Olympia Conference Centre.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Arial][size=2] [/size][/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Arial][size=2]The former Jam bass player has recently been working Paul Weller’s in the studio on a new album with his band [i]From The Jam[/i] featuring Russell Hastings on Guitar and Big Country’s drummer Mark Brzezicki. Paul Weller also guests on the new album, along with Steve Cropper and Ray Davies. The album will feature tracks made famous by The Jam as well as new original music from Bruce and Russell. [/size][/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Arial][size=2] [/size][/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Arial][size=2]You will be able to chat Bruce at 2pm[/size][/font][/color][color=red][font=Arial][size=2] [/size][/font][/color][color=black][font=Arial][size=2]on Saturday 3[sup]rd[/sup] March on the Rotosound stand and also be able to see all the latest new products including their new range of accessories. Rotosound will also have their staff on hand to answer any questions, plus running some special promotions on products purchased at the show.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=silver][font=Arial][size=2] [/size][/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Arial][size=2]For more information about Rotosound and its endorsees visit [/size][/font][/color][font=Arial][size=2][url="http://www.rotosound.com/"]http://www.rotosound.com[/url][/size][/font]

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='jnoinkeis' timestamp='1331032832' post='1566495']
I walked in and was stood blissfully unaware right next to him until he was pointed out. He has an annoying amount of hair for a man of his age (not that I'm jealous at all). Seemed like a great guy though, had a lot of time for the fans.
[/quote]

Definately the opposite of Weller.

My favourite Foxton story (told before here on BC so apologies if you've heard it before)...

My band was playing at The White House in Guildford, must be ten years ago now, when Mr Foxton walks in, orders a pint, and proceeds to sit at the bar watching us.... no pressure there then! We finish the set and clear off to our table and, no sooner do we get there, Bruce comes over and gets a round in! We're all a touch gobsmacked, to say the least, but minutes later he's back with a drink for everyone and then joins us for the rest of the break. He seemed genuinely interested in us, and was a pleasure to talk to. He stayed for most of the second set and gave us a nod as he left.

The bloke is class, plain and simple.

Cheers

Gareth

Aha, Foxton stories. Ok then, when he was in SLF, I went to see them in Scunthorpe. Was fairly close to the front of the stage, and it was a great gig.

Couple of weeks later, went to see them at The Mean Fiddler, in Harlesden, NW London. Again, standing near the front of the stage. Before the gig, Bruce came on stage, picked up his bass, tuned it etc (was surprised by this, thought that`s what roadies/techs did), then when he saw me, clearly recognising me from the Scunthorpe gig. went "alright mate" looking quite surprised - probably thought I was a Scunthorpian, or whatever they`re called.

I was gobsmacked that Bruce Foxton would remember my face, and say hello. Virtually dumbstruck, I managed "alright" back. Glad my cool didn`t let me down that day!

• 4 weeks later...