Why become a member? ×

Show your Fender Highway!

MarkG3

I have one, ill get some pics up later. Mines going through some mods at the moment, clear pickguard, 62 wiring, d-tuner etc.

Mine has been gigged a lot, its my my main bass and blew all the fender MIA standards out of the water, it has a slightly thinner neck aswell which i like.But it hasnt really got any wear apart from gigging wear. Theres just scratches and a few dings that have removed chips of paint.

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1329154308' post='1538019']
Here's mine - I've had it since Saturday and I'm not overly impressed to be honest - I'll give it a bit to grow on me but I usually know what I like fairly quickly...

Bit battered and bruised but lot's of people like the roadworn look apparently..

[attachment=99894:Fender Jazz1.jpg] [attachment=99895:Fender Jazz10.jpg] [attachment=99896:Fender Jazz7.jpg]
[/quote]

Traded this with Adee - I'm sure he'll be along shortly with new photos...

Sweet thread!

Mine's an '07 HW-One precision in Honey blonde. It seems that replacing the scratchplate is a recurring theme with these, as I replaced the WBW with a BWB. Don't know about you guys, but I kind of think that a white plate makes a fender bass look cheap(...ish). I've also fitted a thumb rest in what traditionally is the Jazz thumbrest position, and I've been through phases of fitting an ash tray pver the pickup.

I love this bass :heart:

No decent photos of the bass at the moment, but here is a gratuitous action shot from a jam night - because after all, :useless: hahahaha (Sorry - saw that emoticon and had to use it!)

Haha I love the drummers face!

Nice bass! Almost looks white I had to double check you said honey blonde B) I agree about the white scratchplate, I've never been a huge fan of them either.

[quote name='D.I. Joe' timestamp='1331229159' post='1569948']
:useless: hahahaha (Sorry - saw that emoticon and had to use it!)

[/quote]

Haha classic, when you can get some more pics of yours!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thought I would take a few new pics :)

The light spot nearest to the black above and in-between the bridge and scratchplate has randomly appeared so I'm wondering if it's finally starting to wear......

Edited by S9_S12_Bass

[IMG]http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/r569/S9_S12_Bass/Fender%20Highway%20One%204th%20May%2012/photo6.jpg[/IMG]
Belt rash has grown loads since the last pics
[IMG]http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/r569/S9_S12_Bass/Fender%20Highway%20One%204th%20May%2012/photo5.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/r569/S9_S12_Bass/Fender%20Highway%20One%204th%20May%2012/photo4.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='debwilliams' timestamp='1336322992' post='1644007']
Here's mine - recently bought off this forum and looking very much like Dave's old HW. If it is, I guess it's a small world!

Deb
[/quote]

Its is my old one, and one of the best looking basses ive owned. I really wish they would come with a black PG as stock. Ive had 3 HW's now and all have been fantastic basses.

• 1 month later...

I've been looking for a red P for a while, (I think it's the Duck in me) <_< couldn't believe my luck when this little beauty fell into my hands :o It needed a clean up, new jack socket, strings & a set-up, now it's P-perfect, unbelievably good to play, wonderful neck, only 8&1/2lbs & just feels so comfortable, it's like getting into bed with your dream girl/boy in satin silk sheets :gas:
100% original except for the new Switchcraft, Straploks & strings, I don't believe it had ever been apart & probably the factory fitted strings on :o Talk about coincidence, lifted the pick guard & the date stamp on it is June 06 2003, exactly 9 years to the day I bought it!
Anyway, took it out in the sun for some photo's today B) It's still a bit shiny after me polishing it up, but it's that lovely Satin Nitro finish, Crimson Red Transparent #38.

Edited by KiOgon

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I believe it stops the slight low end boost you normally get when turning the tone knob all the way down.

Have a look here
[url="http://www.fenderforum.com/forum.html?db=&topic_number=530447"]http://www.fenderforum.com/forum.html?db=&topic_number=530447[/url]

Edited by dave_bass5

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1350311628' post='1837117']
I believe it stops the slight low end boost you normally get when turning the tone knob all the way down.
[/quote]

+1 I remember reading that it just rolled the top end off without changing anything else

[quote name='KiOgon' timestamp='1339425036' post='1688225']
I've been looking for a red P for a while, (I think it's the Duck in me) <_< couldn't believe my luck when this little beauty fell into my hands :o It needed a clean up, new jack socket, strings & a set-up, now it's P-perfect, unbelievably good to play, wonderful neck, only 8&1/2lbs & just feels so comfortable, it's like getting into bed with your dream girl/boy in satin silk sheets :gas:
100% original except for the new Switchcraft, Straploks & strings, I don't believe it had ever been apart & probably the factory fitted strings on :o Talk about coincidence, lifted the pick guard & the date stamp on it is June 06 2003, exactly 9 years to the day I bought it!
Anyway, took it out in the sun for some photo's today B) It's still a bit shiny after me polishing it up, but it's that lovely Satin Nitro finish, Crimson Red Transparent #38.

[/quote]
Beautiful. Earlier last year DV247 had a B stock one going for around 370! Shoulda picked it up then.