Why become a member? ×

Johnson J Station

MacDaddy

I had one for years (for guitar). I really liked it, but I actually preferred the Behringer V-Amp2, which I still have.
I managed to own simultaneously a Boss GX700, J-Station, V-Amp2 and the Vox ToneLab. I only kept the Behringer, funny enough.

[quote name='cheddatom' timestamp='1328604030' post='1529679']
What are you using the J-Station for?
[/quote]

Ideally everything!

I'm playing guitar in a band now, so I wanted a one size fits all option so I could downsize. When I'm comfortable using it I'll be selling my guitar multi f/x and my Boss ME-50B.

I've a pedal with it so can use it live, and will use it to record when I get around to figuring out my M Box.

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1328614355' post='1529893']
I had one for years (for guitar). I really liked it, but I actually preferred the Behringer V-Amp2, which I still have.
I managed to own simultaneously a Boss GX700, J-Station, V-Amp2 and the Vox ToneLab. I only kept the Behringer, funny enough.
[/quote]

Did you download any of the patches from the user library?

[quote name='MacDaddy' timestamp='1328618440' post='1530004']
Did you download any of the patches from the user library?
[/quote]

Yes I did, and upgraded software once or twice, adding extra cabinet simulations I think, and other things.
I never used it on bass, since at the time I was not interested (don't look at me that way! what did I know?). I used it a lot on guitar: with headphones, recording, amplified through a keyboard amp and PA...
It was quite nice, but everytime I played with a real amp I realised how much better a dedicated amp can sound, so I ended up using for recording (great!) and quiet practice at home.
The Vox Tonelab was the one that sounded the most like a real amplifier, a bit more... "organic", but I was not really satisfied with it.
The V-Amp2 has many not so good sounds, but I stuck to 3 amp simulations providing cleanish, low overdrive and heavy distortion... and I recorded better with those than with the J-Station. Again, I ran that through keyboard amp and PA, and was ok... but not fantastic...