Why become a member? ×

Sorted!!

Stacker

Sure, maybe I should have asked him beforehand but I really did not see it being an issue, given that I had the same asked of me in the past.

I still think the pickup is not the issue, though. Even though I can't prove it. Anyway, have sourced another s/h one and just need to get the correct rectifier I need and re-bias, case closed.

[quote name='Stacker' timestamp='1328266831' post='1524581']
But let's look at it another way: at the end of the day, what difference is it to him whether it's I or a courier who stands at his door? Answer me that!
[/quote]

That one's easy, if it's you, you can sling the amp on the back seat of your car, no box and away you go. If it's a courier, he's got to hunt out a ton of reinforced packaging to stop it getting busted, and find new and intricate ways of wrapping it round the thing.

[quote name='Stacker' timestamp='1328266831' post='1524581']
......what difference is it to him whether it's I or a courier who stands at his door? Answer me that!
[/quote]

The difference is that couriers work 9-5 and do not usually give a specific time for pickup. Would you expect me to spend a day of my time waiting around for a courier to arrive when I stated local pickup by buyer only? The buyer would pick up at an agreed time acceptable to both parties, usually outside of 9-5 where a courier won't.

And as to cancelling the listing, there is a 10% sellers fee that he would no longer have to pay while also ensuring he can get no bad feedback, dispute issues etc,. So all to the benefit of the seller!

Did he have 100% good feedback and much of it?

[quote name='skidder652003' timestamp='1328222158' post='1524175']disregard the maiden aunts banging on about the "language", i would like to think we're all adults here!
[/quote]

[b]You[/b] would like to think so, but there are some younger bass players who are members here. And it's really not fair to them is it?

[quote name='Jamesemt' timestamp='1328261275' post='1524438']
I think you need to just be glad you are not out of pocket - you could have ended up travelling down there, only to find no one home.
[/quote]

Had this happen, all the way from Bristol to Cambridge in a rented van and driver to pick up a rig, no-one in, hear the phone ringing in the house and see the rig through the window.

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' timestamp='1328273472' post='1524722']
Had this happen, all the way from Bristol to Cambridge in a rented van and driver to pick up a rig, no-one in, hear the phone ringing in the house and see the rig through the window.
[/quote]

You could have just broken in and taken it, it was technically yours after all :)

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' timestamp='1328273472' post='1524722']
[/quote]

Yikes!

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' timestamp='1328282197' post='1524950']
Dude got up at 5am to drive it to bristol the next day, an paid for the time the driver spent hanging about, his parents told him they'd be in, then decided to go out.
[/quote]

Fair play to him. I guess these things happen.