Why become a member? ×

Fender Precision Lyte in Graphite

daz

looks very nice. Coments anyone ? I know nothing of these, does anyone here own or has owned one ?

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fender-Precision-Lyte-Graphite-Rare-and-clean-example-/180801926717?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item2a18a2763d"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fender-Precision-Lyte-Graphite-Rare-and-clean-example-/180801926717?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item2a18a2763d[/url]

That does look very nice. I'd say a bit on the high side, price-wise, but then again it is in great nick and a cool colour so possibly worth keeping an eye on.

They are active with 2 band eq, skinny and shallow neck (really, really nice), P/J pups and EXTREMELY light - 7.5lbs or thereabouts. The body is more Strat than P-Bass.

I bought one unseen last year other than a poor quality picture. When it arrived I could have cried - it had been badly refinished and there was a problem with one of the pots. So I can't speak too much about what the tones are like, stock, as mine wasn't working properly other than it was a bit thin and trebly but with hint of a growl in there to make it interesting. I decided to make it into a hobby, stripped and refinished it, kept the stock pups, replaced the pre-amp with a J. East one and it is now a regular gigging bass. Huge sound, really lightweight and comfortable - I love it to bits. Not much like a P-Bass, though.