Why become a member? ×

Fender Jazz bass 1976 - SOLD

wombatboter

I'm trying to cut down in my bass collection so I decided to put this Fender for sale..
When I bought it it needed some repairing: I noticed that there was a crack in one of the block inlays.
The neck also needed adjusting and I took it to a Belgian luthier and he gave the bass a good set-up, gave it a refret and repaired the block-inlay..
I played it ever since without any problem but lately I don't use it anymore since I prefer the more wooden tone of my Sandberg bass..
I'm asking 1400 euros for it but I don't have a case for it. I could get hold of a gigbag eventually.
This bass delivers the classic Jazz ingredients, has a nice Miller-slap and a nice growl when played fingerstyle..
Other remarks : this is a refinish, the pickups are Seymour Duncans and the bass has a Badass bridge.
A local pick-up is preferred but I could ship this bass also well packed..
I took a couple of pictures and recorded a short youtube thing to give an impression of the sound.
For more information or questions feel free to contact me..
Not really looking for trades but perhaps I could be persuaded with ... who knows (not really looking for "rock" basses though)
Thanks for looking
Geert

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XycWQZbG9wE[/media]

Got some pm's with bass chatters who asked to pay with paypal..
Maybe I'm a bit old fashioned but I do my transactions through an international moneytransfer and I would prefer the same for my sales.
I've got nothing to hide, I think I have an okay reputation around here on bass.chat (check my feedback) so I hope that I come across as someone who can be trusted..
I can understand that these are dangerous times but I always had good experiences here on bass.chat...I always had transactions with top class persons who turned out to be very trustworthy.