Why become a member? ×

Sold please remove

I have a set of Peavey Hi-sis 1's (12" tops) 4 ohm. and two 15" BW hi-sis bass bins 4ohm with poles. passive system
If you are not familiar your amp would see 4 ohms a side, you plug into the bass bins where the internal cross over is linked to the tops, from memory they cross over at 180 Hz.
These are old now but in good working order, tops only used vocals, larger venues we added bins for guitar bass and drums.
sorry for delay in posting pictures but just got these back from my local music shop who over priced them.

[size=5]£250 all in[/size]

Edited by deepbass5

[quote name='deepbass5' timestamp='1327160774' post='1507234']
I have a set of Peavey Hi-sis 1's (12" tops) 4 ohm. and two 15" BW hi-sis bass bins 4ohm with poles. passive system
If you are not familiar your amp would see 4 ohms a side, you plug into the bass bins where the internal cross over is linked to the tops, from memory they cross over at 180 Hz.
These are old now but in good working order, tops only used vocals, larger venues we added bins for guitar bass and drums.
sorry no pictures available as these are currently in my local music shop, but will pull if interested.
[/quote]

Can you put up a price please, forum rules

Thanks

[quote name='deepbass5' timestamp='1327160774' post='1507234']
sorry no pictures available as these are currently in my local music shop, but will pull if interested.

[size=5]£250 all in[/size]
[/quote]

The way I'm reading this...... your amp would see 2ohms per side?
Do you mean EACH 12" cabinet is a 4 ohm cab and EACH sub cabinet is a 4 ohm cab?
This would present each side of the amp reading 2x4 ohm cabs equals a 2 ohm load.best to check as many PA amps will not go down to 2 ohms per side.

[quote name='mybass' timestamp='1327320829' post='1509165']
The way I'm reading this...... your amp would see 2ohms per side?
Do you mean EACH 12" cabinet is a 4 ohm cab and EACH sub cabinet is a 4 ohm cab?
This would present each side of the amp reading 2x4 ohm cabs equals a 2 ohm load.best to check as many PA amps will not go down to 2 ohms per side.
[/quote]

No - To put it simply-- The crossover in the bass bin keeps the lower frequencies, and sends the higher frequencies to the Hisis speakers, so still a 4 ohm load for the amp

[quote name='deepbass5' timestamp='1327337132' post='1509553']
2x18 has it, the crossover only allows the amp to see 4 ohms at any time.
[/quote]

Apologies as I'm not trying to interrupt the sale ( a very good price too for these).

My understanding is that a crossover does not have anything to do with ohms, it simply 'filters' off the high end of the signal
to another speaker so your bass bin cab ohm is still read as 4 ohms. (Why does it have an ohm rating in the first place?) The Hysis top cab
is then also read as 4 ohms yes? This equals a 2 ohm load to any amplifier.
Some Peavey power amps will go as low as 2 ohms but many amps only go to 4 ohms so care is needed.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That’s correct The Peavey X over works so the amp sees 4 Ohms per side. These have never been punished by a death metal band, had these from new, Function band gigs only mostly just the Tops for vocal only and occasional bins as well for big gigs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...