Why become a member? ×

Incoming, incoming, incoming, incoming!

molan

Ok, so I'm cheating a little here, it's more like two full incomings and two half ones - does that allow me three in total?

As a couple of people here know I've been signed off work for a while and have too much time on my hands. This has allowed me to rationalise my amps and cabs and also to sell the odd bass or two. Unfortunately this released enough cash to buy some more again!

If I get questioned too seriously I'll just say it's all down to the drugs I'm on :)

I'll start at the top in the money stakes -

1963 Fender Jazz, refinished in, the original colour, Seafoam Green,everything else 100% original and has a lovely tort guard and dark rosewood neck - . Looks like a beauty and from a guy who knows his vintage Fenders.

Alleva Coppolo RA4 in nitro Candy Apple Red with maple board, blocks and binding. This is Jimmy Coppolo's take on an early '70's Fender Jazz. Made for a personal friend of Jimmy's and a guy I know quite well too. Has an amazing ear for a good bass but who's mostly playing 5's these days. Should be a cracker.

Then onto the two 'half incoming' babies:

I recently bought the very funky Herbie Flowers '59 Jazz replica that Wes Finn built. I really like this bass a lot, looks great, build quality is excellent and sounds really nice. However it's currently sporting a, slightly modified, Fender '62RI neck. Wes offered to build me a custom neck with a lovely piece of dark Brazilian board, clay dots etc and relic'd to match the body. Should really finish this off perfectly.

Leaving me with that modified '62RI neck. . . So I've now bought a new, nitro finished Olympic White Fender '62 RI body with tort guard, fender vintage pickups and stack knobs. Wes is supplying some mild relic tuners and the rest of the missing hardware and I might get a mild relic job on the body to get everything matching.

So there you go - effectively four new basses sorted in a very short period (and a Ritter Cora purchased before Xmas).

The GAS gauntlet has been been firmly laid down for 2012 and there's still a week of January to go :)

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1327105083' post='1506636']
1963 Fender Jazz, refinished in, the original colour, Seafoam Green,everything else 100% original and has a lovely tort guard and dark rosewood neck - . Looks like a beauty and from a guy who knows his vintage Fenders.
[/quote]

It's my birthday in April :)

• 2 weeks later...

'63 Jazz - Just heard that this one has arrived at my local post office! :

Alleva Coppolo RA4:

Loaded '62 Reissue Body - this will have the neck from the Steed fitted to it:

Steed Herbie Flowers '59 Jazz Replica - this will have a new Brazilian Rosewood neck fitted:

Edited by molan

And now I can add another incoming to the list!

An original 1983 Fodera Monarch with JJ pickups, previously owned by Will Lee & played by Victor Wooten at the JVC Jazz Festival Tribute to Jaco Pastorius Concert at the Beacon Theatre on June 22nd, 2005:

Edited by molan