Why become a member? ×

I only went in for some strings.

red rooster

well im totally new to the bass guitar so i bought a yamaha to learn on ,well today i went for some strings and i swear this squier precision classic vibe spoke to me,walked past it 4 times round the shop,looked at this looked at that,eventually stood gazing at it,sales man comes over can i help you,me yep i want that.so left the shop happy .but you know what i forgot my strings.so what have you bought whilst shopping for strings...stu

I wasn'y buying strings but.....
I hadn't done any serious bass playing for about five years,I'd been concentrating on folky stuff on bagpipes. I took my electric bass into a shop that's run by a friend of mine to see he'd sell it on my behalf. While I was waiting to see him I spotted an acoustic bass, picked it up , played it, kept playing until the man apeared , swapped my electric for the acoustic, left the shop.
A month later I was thoroughly hooked on bass playing and had bought another electric, then I made a fretless , then....etc etc.

well it wasn't a bass but i popped in to get a wall hanger to keep my acoustic on and ended up with a brand new McIlroy acoustic g****r, nearly 2 grands worth of walnut lovelyness, worth every penny.
and i got the wall hanger too.

Matt

[quote name='red rooster' timestamp='1327085340' post='1506321']
well im totally new to the bass guitar so i bought a yamaha to learn on ,well today i went for some strings and i swear this squier precision classic vibe spoke to me,walked past it 4 times round the shop,looked at this looked at that,eventually stood gazing at it,sales man comes over can i help you,me yep i want that.so left the shop happy .but you know what i forgot my strings.so what have you bought whilst shopping for strings...stu
[/quote]

Well in theory you did get strings, they just happened to be fitted to a new bass :lol:

Congrats, I`ve got one of these - assuming it`s the 60s version? Great basses, definately punch above their weight.

Edited by Lozz196

Slightly OT but:
I was working in a Wiltshire music shop when a car pulled up outside, in walked a familly from Wales who were on their way to Longleat for the day. They spotted the shop and thought they'd call in for a quick nose around before going on to the safari park.
Before they left I'd sold them a grand paino.