Why become a member? ×

My new amp head after a trip to Bass Direct!

MarkG3

Since getting my lightweight super 12 I have been thinking going lightweight with the amp head as well and had looked into the Genz Benz Shuttle range.

Today as a birthday present I took me and the misses up to Bass Direct and there was a Genz Benz Shuttle 9.0, Mark demoed it for a bit then let me rip on it and I came away with it, the last one in the store apparently.

The service from Mark was excellent and he even lugged in the case for the amp as a birthday present!

Had a little play with it so far at home with my S12 and it is quality! Really nice vintage tone - to my ears - and I love that I can add a bit of gain and get the valve going!

So here we are :

[attachment=97470:IMAG0779.jpg]
[attachment=97471:IMAG0780.jpg]

[quote name='TraceElliotBass' timestamp='1326728178' post='1501093']
[attachment=97470:IMAG0779.jpg]
[/quote]

Ohh!!! This is going to be my next rig, it looks awesome! Too bad i can't hear it, if it's possible could you do a small review of that rig,... please!!!

Happy birthday!

[quote name='Ghost_Bass' timestamp='1326733794' post='1501242']
Ohh!!! This is going to be my next rig, it looks awesome! Too bad i can't hear it, if it's possible could you do a small review of that rig,... please!!!

Happy birthday!
[/quote]

Thanks! I will do mate, I'll probably keep updating in this post save starting a new one. I can already say the S12 is immense it is by far the best cab I have played with really nice rounded sound but does have good response all over, even the lows, which I have heard a few people say to me that apparently Barefaced lack in lows in comparison to others, but I can say there's enough lows coming from this bad boy even with the eq flat!

Also it is really light as is the Shuttle 9.0 so Lozz my back is cheering at having a lightweight rig!

[quote name='longtimefred' timestamp='1326735843' post='1501294']
looks like your V6 (man amp) shrunk in the wash (car stereo) ;)

lol nah heard good things about that setup. looks tidy.
[/quote]

haha! Thanks!

Edited by TraceElliotBass

So managed to be able to play this above 1 without annoying the neighbours ;)

I set all the eq to 12 O clock, valve pre amp gain to 12 O clock,pre amp volume to 12 and master volume 9o clock. Man this is loud! Real big improvement from the Trace tone it has a lot of umph in it and sounds powerful.

I turned the master to 10 O clock for a laugh, going by my experiance with TE going up one notch really did f*** all, but this was big and I started feeling it in my chest which to me is what its about. I rolled off a bit of 2k and it sounds lovely, the S12 really seems to match well with the GB shuttle 9. I am really pleased with my new set up and the first time in 11-12 years there is no sign of no Trace Elliot!

What I really love is now how easy all my stuff is to move,bass on the back,S9 in the case on the shoulder and the S12 being carried. Really easy!

I should add that all the DVDs upstairs fell off the shelf!

Edited by TraceElliotBass

[quote name='TraceElliotBass' timestamp='1327409292' post='1510645']
I am really pleased with my new set up and the first time in 11-12 years there is no sign of no Trace Elliot!
[/quote]

Is it time to email the mods and request a username change now? :D