Why become a member? ×

RIP Robbie France...

lowregisterhead

Just heard the dreadful news that Aussie drummer extraordinaire Robbie France died very suddenly yesterday in Spain, where he resided for many years, presenting a daily radio show.

His credits include Diamond Head, UFO, Skunk Anansie, Alphaville, Wishbone Ash, Ellis, Beggs & Howard, and many others. He was one of the finest drummers I've had the good fortune to work with, and a great guy with a huge personality to boot. A sad day.

Edited by lowregisterhead

[quote name='Bilbo' timestamp='1326782511' post='1501787']
I saw Diamond Head live and still have their white lp somewhere. Was that Robbie (the album has no credits....its white :))
[/quote]

No, that was the first line-up, Robbie was with them from the 'Canterbury' album (1983) along with original members Sean Harris (vocals) and Brian Tatler (guitar), and new members Josh Phillips (keyboards) and Merv Goldsworthy (bass). Good album, too - very different from the white album and 'Am I Evil' - produced by Mike Shipley, engineered by Bob Clearmountain, IIRC.