Why become a member? ×

Sei Flamboyant 6 string fretted LED headless (withdrawn)

StuartB

WITHDRAWN from sale due to pressure from wife. Sorry all. (And yes, I know it's usually the other way around...)

A coup d'etat has resulted in my no longer having an outlet for manic bass playing. This machine has been dormant for nearly a year and daughter's uni fees are beckoning. It's the same as the ones that Dave Marks plays (played?) only with a solid wood top and the slightly narrower neck width. Bartolinis, red led position markers up the neck.

Whilst on the subject of the neck this has a slight twist so the treble side comes towards you slightly - actually makes it easier to play as far as I can see but I am guessing it's not how it should be? Any one care to comment? The action is really super low and there is no buzzing so it does not seem to have affected anything. I am guessing that it's likely that with such a slim neck some kind of twist is inevitable.

Has a hard case. pretty mucy unmarked apart form a small under the thumb ding halway up the neck. I'm sure you'd find other marks if you looked really hard but nothing obvious.

Pictures in the next day or so when i get 30 mins.

£1300.

Stuart. 07976 445772 Junc 11 of M25. Do call or - better still - email with any questions. Cheers!

Edited by Johngh

The problem with Seis is I want every one I see. Responding to the Overwater comment, they're nice basses but they've never spoken to me like Seis do; they've never felt as right either.

Edited by 4000

Hi Stu,
if you change your idea for overseas don't hesitate :)
I bought my first Sei to Sselterf on Basschat, I can assure that he's really serious :) and he can assure I'm aslo serious :D (I'm french, Sselterf is German, you Uk and we are every neighbors, it's the same as you ship the bass to a other city in uk, the bass travel in the same condition...)
I bought many bass all arround the world USA, UK, DE, Japan,... and never problems...for sure I assume always all charges and the responsability of the shipping :)
Regards

[quote name='Soliloquy' timestamp='1326733660' post='1501237']
Would anyone know if the neck twist thing is a major issue ?
[/quote]

Depends whether the twist is even along the neck. It is also worth finding if the neck has a single or double truss rod as this will have an impact on the cause/cure of the problem. It's worth getting a luthier's (Martin) opinion prior to purchase. Even so, it's a damn good price and well worth a punt ;)