Why become a member? ×

Beware...Scammer on the items wanted forum

N64Lover

I just received this via PM from Anthony Hi :

"How are you today and your family?
I am selling the above item you are looking for listed in the subject of my mail i send to you, if you are still interested, i have it in good working condition and in perfect order comes with the original box for shipping. It has been check OK, Everything appears to be intact. I will forward you details as soon as i know your interest in buying. Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regard
HILARIO ANTONY

[email protected]
VITORIA GASTEIZ (E) SPAIN 01080,
Spain."

Seems dodgy. Is it common to get this on the wanted forum? It was nice of him to ask how my family is though.

I just replied with this:

"Hi Hilario!

That's great news. Can I just send you £1000 for it right away via wire transfer? I'm not really sure of what the value is of the item in the subject of your mail and I am feeling very generous.

My family is doing great, thanks for asking. How is your family doing?

Warm regards,

Tony"

[quote name='danweb22' timestamp='1326547775' post='1498684']
Me and also Paubass had the same message in the early hours of this morning, Machines has it sorted :-)
[/quote]

Yes, I have also received the same email, got back to him but no reply so far...let's see what he says :)

[quote name='Linus27' timestamp='1326554167' post='1498778']
Thats not good, glad to see its being reported. Just out of interest, as we have been scammed, can we go back to the old forum now :):)
[/quote]

According to the little known Moore's Second Law, the rate at which software developers create improvements that nobody wants doubles every 18 months. There's no going back.

i've got the same message:

"
Sent 14 January 2012 - 11:52 AM
How are you today and your family?
I am selling the above item you are looking for listed in the subject of my mail i send to you, if you are still interested, i have it in good working condition and in perfect order comes with the original box for shipping. It has been check OK, Everything appears to be intact. I will forward you details as soon as i know your interest in buying. Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regard
HILARIO ANTONY

[email protected]
VITORIA GASTEIZ (E) SPAIN 01080,
Spain."

wrote him back but still have no reply )))