Why become a member? ×

Nottingham Bass Bash - Booked!

Moody

[quote name='BigRedX' post='185211' date='Apr 25 2008, 12:12 PM']I'll be there!

Anyone have any preferences as to what basses I'm going to bring form the list I posted earlier?

Or I shall I just surprise you all?[/quote]

Everything on your list looks amazing!

I've never played a Pedulla, so that would be cool. And the 8 string is a bit different too!

The Pedulla's got an ACG Filter pre-amp in it at the moment (rather than the Bartolini they normally come with), so if anyone wants to check that out too. It's two filter version that isn't being sold without an ACG bass now, but it'll give you an idea of what the one filter version can do (or maybe convince you to order an ACG bass!)

I'm most likely only going to bring a maximum of 4 basses so anyone else see anything they would like to try?

[quote name='metaltime' post='185225' date='Apr 25 2008, 12:27 PM']im still def coming[/quote]

Good lad, me and you are going to have Left Handed Corner!

OK, I popped in last night to cough up, we've got the room from 12 noon, I told him we'd be done by 6ish, however we do have it longer. Those brining amps, I'll warn you there is a flight of stairs and no lift...

• 2 weeks later...

I may pop across on the bike for an hour or two, it wouldnt seem right going to the Grosvenor on anyting other than a bike.... (history!)

Whilst that means no gear- if the last bash was ought to go by there'll be so much gear there you cant move.....

I'll make a donation to the raffle too!

what numbers we talking now??

nottingham is only about an hour for me, so depends how drunk I get on saturday if I come or not (if I can drive or not)

I could bring my 'ray and could bring bits of my project bass if your interested in the paintwork.

The Burpster - These days The Gosvenor isn't even remotely a biker pub like it was in the 80s when it used to be my local (although not being bikers my band would usual sit in the posh(er) front bar and only go into the back to play This Mortal Coil's "Song To The Siren" on the video jukebox).

Would have very much liked to try out a PRS if I can persuade you to use an alternative means of transport? ;-)

I'll be most likely bringing my Pedulla Buzz, Lightwave and Carlo Robelli 8-string unless there's something else that anyone would like to check out.

BRX,

OMG were we that scarey back then ('81-'83).....?

I must admit even I was worried (and I was 'in' with the local crowd) when a couple of MOFOs came in one evening "looking" for another 'club' member who had welched on them. Both these guys had guns and were not shy about letting us see them..... ;)

Anyhoo.. I'm not sure trying one of my PRSs is a good idea..... Getting GAS for an aquirable and affordable Fender is one thing.....

GASing for PRSs is another league all together (and almost takes on a Zen like mindset and borader on unhealthy obsession!) and competition might just push me over the edge.....

:)

:huh:

I'm really not sure whether I'm going to be able to make it after all. Work and a new house (well, it's my old house finally retrieved from the she-bitch from hell) are conspiring against me. I will if I can though.

[quote name='lwtait' post='194809' date='May 8 2008, 04:47 PM']has anyone thats going got that Yamaha BB with the humbucking pickup at the front? i think its the BB 714? i wouldn't mind hearing how one of those sound and how they are to play.[/quote]

Bring your telebass, I didnt get to have a play when I was at your house.

Still dont know if I can make it yet, if im not drunk/hungover when I wake up ill be there.

[quote name='Jobiebass' post='194817' date='May 8 2008, 05:00 PM']Bring your telebass, I didnt get to have a play when I was at your house.

Still dont know if I can make it yet, if im not drunk/hungover when I wake up ill be there.[/quote]

yeah, im definatly bringing the "taitycaster" and my SR500. dunno bout my precision, depends if i can be bothered.

Wish my project bass was remotely playable cause I would have brought that. was gonna bring it anyways but TBH there isnt much point to stare at some paint on a slab of wood.

Leaving the Jazz at home too cause im trading it for a OLP MM32 5er next week. im guessing the jazz is worth a bit more but i dont really have a place for it now and I wanna check out a 5er + double hum.

[quote name='tauzero' post='194717' date='May 8 2008, 02:48 PM']I'm really not sure whether I'm going to be able to make it after all. Work and a new house (well, it's my old house finally retrieved from the she-bitch from hell) are conspiring against me. I will if I can though.[/quote]

get the bike out and have ride down, we can talk boll0x about bikes if nowt else....! :)

[quote name='The Burpster' post='194876' date='May 8 2008, 06:04 PM']get the bike out and have ride down, we can talk boll0x about bikes if nowt else....! :)[/quote]
I've got to get it running first - it's been at my house with the SBFH for the last couple of years. Most irritating when the weather's so good and the commute so trafficy.

[quote name='tauzero' post='195221' date='May 9 2008, 09:11 AM']I've got to get it running first - it's been at my house with the SBFH for the last couple of years. Most irritating when the weather's so good and the commute so trafficy.[/quote]

SBFH---?

She speaks so highly of you....... :)

Been there I'm afraid, not pleasent! You have my sympathy...!