Why become a member? ×

Noel Gallagher on Graham Norton tonight

The Dark Lord

hmmm.....not my cuppa. HFB album is just Oasis to me. Predictable songs dictated by the chords they know. (Wonderwall 2 seems to be on the album)

Sorry mate but in the grand scheme of rock'n'roll, this guy aint a God. I find the Gallagher's obnoxious.

Everyone to his own!

Edited by leftyhook

[quote name='leftyhook' timestamp='1325899192' post='1489739']
hmmm.....not my cuppa. HFB album is just Oasis to me. Predictable songs dictated by the chords they know. (Wonderwall 2 seems to be on the album)

Sorry mate but in the grand scheme of rock'n'roll, this guy aint a God. I find the Gallagher's obnoxious.

Everyone to his own!
[/quote]
I've no problem with that. Some people love 'im, some don't. To me, he plays simple, no bullshit, catchy chuunes that you can sing to. He also plays guitar without the need to get all w***y and widly about it.

To me, he deserves his seat at the top table.

He's also coool as you like. I really don't agree with that bloke above who said he was shaking or loaded. But again, each t his own.

He said the thing that annoys him most is when he has a new album out and people ask him "but is it as good as your first album though?" (it never is. Thats the only thing they have ever done that i liked. All their influences out in the open writ large)

[quote name='mercuryl' timestamp='1325936736' post='1489986']
I've no problem with that. Some people love 'im, some don't. To me, he plays simple, no bullshit, catchy chuunes that you can sing to. He also plays guitar without the need to get all w***y and widly about it.

To me, he deserves his seat at the top table.

He's also coool as you like. I really don't agree with that bloke above who said he was shaking or loaded. But again, each t his own.
[/quote]

Just about my opinion of him. I also like his, imo, very dry sense of humour.

I have a lot of respect for Noel. Not least of all because he's actually very funny and clever, but because he's achieved a lot in his life and got where he wanted to be, and I really admire that. Also, love his music or hate it, he's written some hits and has a profound affect on British music.

Liam on the other hand is just very lucky that he was tolerated for so long by the band, and other people in general.

I saw the show too (not too much going on around here on Belgian television) and love him or hate him : he does know how to write a song and if that moves you or not : a lot of people like him so "50.000.000 Elvis fans can't be wrong".
He's not a great singer also but I heard the song for the first time two days ago and I can still hum it, that means something...

Seems like a decent enough bloke;& much better for it from spending time away for the [s]Ian Brown copyist[/s] Liam.
The kind of bloke you'd have among your mates enjoying a pint & talking crap; but a "God of Rock" he isn't ........................ not by a couple of dozen light-years.