Why become a member? ×

Rare but not scarce

spinynorman

It's a good job rare basses are so common, otherwise they'd be really expensive.

Take this rare Hohner the jack. Only three listed concurrently and two others sold this month. Rare as hens beaks.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-Hohner-The-Jack-Headless-Bass-Guitar-Steinberger-Licensed-Excellent-Cond-/170747751773

[quote name='MB1' timestamp='1324308570' post='1472830']
MB1. B)
"i believe the battery compartment requires attention as it does not accept current 9v batteries?"
This'll be the Rare model you have to jump start off a 12v car battery then! :rolleyes:
[/quote]
Or perhaps it has an on-board generator that you start with a rip-cord...

[quote name='MB1' timestamp='1324308570' post='1472830']
MB1. B)
"i believe the battery compartment requires attention as it does not accept current 9v batteries?"
This'll be the Rare model you have to jump start off a 12v car battery then! :rolleyes:
[/quote]

I will be totally pedantic at this point :rolleyes: and confirm that 9v PP9 batteries have indeed got larger as a few years ago I had to enlarge the battery cavity on my 1981 Hofner SB7, and if like me you still enjoy looking at slides through one of those old plastic battery powered viewers you may also have noticed that that 1.5v 'C' cells have also put on weight.
Has the world gone mad ?

[quote name='Prosebass' timestamp='1324426386' post='1474245']
I will be totally pedantic at this point :rolleyes: and confirm that 9v PP9 batteries have indeed got larger as a few years ago I had to enlarge the battery cavity on my 1981 Hofner SB7, and if like me you still enjoy looking at slides through one of those old plastic battery powered viewers you may also have noticed that that 1.5v 'C' cells have also put on weight.
Has the world gone mad ?
[/quote]

I bought a clock recently from an artist who hand paints them. He said, as he fitted a cheapo battery to it, "don't go putting the super batteries in it; your Duracells & Energizers when it needs one".
"Huh?" I said,
"They're too big, not standard size, they'll sprain the metal contacts".
"Never!!" I said,
So he showed me ............. and he was right.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Prosebass' timestamp='1324426386' post='1474245']
Has the world gone mad ?
[/quote]

I thought some of my effects pedals had shrunk in the wash recently when replacing batteries. Phew! That's a relief, now I know it's the batteries getting bigger, I no longer have to put my AutoWah on a 30deg wash :blush: