Why become a member? ×

More Stolen gear

Oopsdabassist

Stolen about 4pm yesteday from home in milton keynes, 2 basses, quite distinctive looking, the Jazz had a John East preamp fitted after that pic was taken, but you get the idea. Have posted the pics to all local guitar shops and cash converters, but if you see anything I would appreciate a PM. Also my Boss ME-20B effects unit with associated FS-6 footswitch and my Sennheiser Freeport wireless system, both in aluminium flightcases.

Not best pleased at moment

Sorry I missed the Daves gig Lozz, was kinda busy :(

Cheers all

All gear was shown to me last night by CID, ain't got it back yet but have positively ID'd it. No damage at all I that can see, they even polished everything up to make it nice and shiny for selling lol! my flight cases never looked so clean!!

All band related stickers were removed, but hey...I have plenty of those!

Thanks everyone for your replies, its great to talk about this, helps me sort things out in me 'ead and recover my sense of wellbeing (oops hippy warning!!)

Moral of whole sad story?

Make sure you have decent pics of all your gear!!.....Oh and remember to note serial numbers (I will now)

Shows how doss they are to sell the kit to a local muso shop!! Even most thieving scum will head off to Crack Converters or a pawn shop.

Only ever had one thing nicked and that was an HH amp head (back in the day) nicked from a weekend residency venue. There was only one guy in Edinburgh who handled hot kit openly and I popped up at his shop on the Monday after the theft and there was the amp, complete with serial number and Dymod serial number from shop of purchase. The clown had even given his real name and address to the shop-owner so the cops lifted him. I never got the amp back cos the crook owner (Boston's, anyone??) said he'd bought it in good faith (right, mate!) and had paid well over the odds for it, or so his books said.Though I was a dole-mole heavy metal kid in those days I flatly refused to pay what the shylock was asking and borrowed amp heads until I got an Acoustic 330 at a good price.

Edited by Stacker

[quote name='Stacker' timestamp='1324466953' post='1474466'] Shows how doss they are to sell the kit to a local muso shop!! Even most thieving scum will head off to Crack Converters or a pawn shop. Only ever had one thing nicked and that was an HH amp head (back in the day) nicked from a weekend residency venue. There was only one guy in Edinburgh who handled hot kit openly and I popped up at his shop on the Monday after the theft and there was the amp, complete with serial number and Dymod serial number from shop of purchase. The clown had even given his real name and address to the shop-owner so the cops lifted him. I never got the amp back cos the crook owner (Boston's, anyone??) said he'd bought it in good faith (right, mate!) and had paid well over the odds for it, or so his books said.Though I was a dole-mole heavy metal kid in those days I flatly refused to pay what the shylock was asking and borrowed amp heads until I got an Acoustic 330 at a good price. [/quote]

Serious? I know that these days you certainly would not be allowed to keep something no matter how much "good faith" you bought it in or how much you paid for it. It was stolen from someone and they still rightfully own it.