Why become a member? ×

H&S Guitars

thedarxide

Hi,

I ordered a 7 string and a doubleneck from H&S on ebay, I know some people on here have bought from them. I've just signed in to ebay and they are showing as no longer a registered user and my doubleneck has disappeared from my items won. They wanted a deposit paid for that with the balance on shipping, so I didn't pay for the item through ebay, although I did use paypal. I've sent them an email to find out what's going on, was wondering whether anyone else was in the same boat?

edit - they're still maintaining their website: [url="http://hs-guitars.de"]http://hs-guitars.de[/url] but they've gone from ebay UK, NL, IE, SP.... will wait and see......

Edited by thedarxide

Don't know if I need to yet. They stopped doing auctions a few weeks ago and just had store items, and I believe there was a change in store operating policies recently, so I don't know whether they've just decided to concentrate on direct sales. I fully expect my 7 string to arrive, they've been emailing to tell me production was rpogressing and people who bought them around the time I did have been getting theres. I can file a dispute if I have to with Paypal, but thankfully the doubleneck isn't payed for. I just want to know, because I've got a great backup idea for the money that I'm sitting on, but I don't want to spend it if there is nothing wrong.

I won one of their auctions for a fretless 6 back on the 1st of December last year. Paid immediately, still no sign of the bass and they stopped responding to my emails on February 25th. I'm considering getting the police involved - it wasn't a lot of money but it's the principle.

If it's been less than 45 days since you paid, I would dispute the payment at PayPal.

BTW: They're currently trading as hsguitars-spain. I'm guessing their hsguitars-eng account was suspended by eBay so I reported their -spain account this morning.

I've had plenty of emails, and from their feedback, people have been getting their items, albeit slower than stated. I know another guy who won a 7 string auction round the same time I did and his has just arrived.

I'm going to file a dispute out of principal otherwise I'll be out of time.

edit - my 7 string is too old to dispute, but I've done it with the deposit I paid for the double neck.

It looks like they're advertising for staff, but I don't speak German:
[url="http://www.jobcrawler.biz/jobsuche-jobs-suchen/DE/DE/jc/1000/company%253a%22H%2526s+Guitars+Ohg%22"]http://www.jobcrawler.biz/jobsuche-jobs-su...+Guitars+Ohg%22[/url]

further edit - Ebay says: "Waiting period – If you've listed or bid on an item recently, eBay imposes a waiting period of up to 180 days before closing your account." Does this mean that they can't have closed their own account?

Edited by thedarxide

[quote name='thedarxide' post='166350' date='Mar 30 2008, 03:34 PM']I've had plenty of emails, and from their feedback, people have been getting their items, albeit slower than stated. I know another guy who won a 7 string auction round the same time I did and his has just arrived.

I'm going to file a dispute out of principal otherwise I'll be out of time.

edit - my 7 string is too old to dispute, but I've done it with the deposit I paid for the double neck.

It looks like they're advertising for staff, but I don't speak German:
[url="http://www.jobcrawler.biz/jobsuche-jobs-suchen/DE/DE/jc/1000/company%253a%22H%2526s+Guitars+Ohg%22"]http://www.jobcrawler.biz/jobsuche-jobs-su...+Guitars+Ohg%22[/url]

further edit - Ebay says: "Waiting period – If you've listed or bid on an item recently, eBay imposes a waiting period of up to 180 days before closing your account." Does this mean that they can't have closed their own account?[/quote]

Little known fact that you can't just close an ebay account you have to give mucho notice! I'd file a Paypal dispute/claim asap... just in case.

They seem to have been going since at least 2005 and have used at least three accounts since then, two of which are closed. Spoke to someone on Ebay live help, wouldn't tell me anything about the fact they weren't registered anymore. Only other time I've seen it happen was when a guy scammed about ten people in one go, and his account was closed, but the auctions stayed up, that's how we contacted each other.

I've filed as much as I can, will just have to wait and see. The kicker is whether to spend my cash on the other bass I have my eye on, even though I might still get the doubleneck....

Well, I've just had an email from UPS with regard to my 7 string.... the tracker states it was "shipped" today with a status of "Billing Information Received" which means that they haven't actually had the package yet. Scheduled delivery is Wednesday, so lets see...

[quote name='thedontcarebear' post='166468' date='Mar 30 2008, 06:14 PM']So you bought something on ebay, but they said they don't actually have them and then you paid the deposit?[/quote]

Erm, no.

I bought a 7 string in February, paid for it. Communication going along nicely. In March, I ordered a doubleneck (through ebay), communication still fine, paid a deposit, which was all they wanted. Nearly a month later, all their listings are invalid and they are no longer a registered user. Being the weekend, I haven't had an explanation from them yet. And ebay are rubbish. Emailed safe harbour and got a response that said the item number was wrong, or I didn't buy it on ebay. Thanks for reading the message guys.....

H & S Guitars were banned from eBay for several reasons.

But rather then go into the legality's of it all, I would like to ask a question ?

Why buy from them ?

They are only re-sellers of generic of the peg models from a supplier in Beijing, China. Many of there models can be obtained at half the price they charge by other re-sellers ( especially the Strat and SG double necks, they can be got from a shop in Lancaster for £129 with a case ). All this custom made bullshit is being lapped up by the people in the UK.

For the record they were banned in all of Europe and Germany ( which is there home market ) for selling goods they did not stock. Misrepresentation and for NON DELIVERY. I would suggest that if you have paid by Paypal and are still within the 45 day period, then put in a buyer complaint for a refund.

80% of there items were being delivered AFTER 80 days. Which means you had no chance of placing a complaint with paypal for item not as described if it arrived damaged and you would not be able to leave feedback ( most of which would have been negative )

Ohhh and they will be back on eBay again, using another name. They don't have a business model without eBay.

[quote name='Splashproof' post='168870' date='Apr 3 2008, 08:14 AM']H & S Guitars were banned from eBay for several reasons.

But rather then go into the legality's of it all, I would like to ask a question ?

Why buy from them ?

They are only re-sellers of generic of the peg models from a supplier in Beijing, China. Many of there models can be obtained at half the price they charge by other re-sellers ( especially the Strat and SG double necks, they can be got from a shop in Lancaster for £129 with a case ). All this custom made bullshit is being lapped up by the people in the UK.

For the record they were banned in all of Europe and Germany ( which is there home market ) for selling goods they did not stock. Misrepresentation and for NON DELIVERY. I would suggest that if you have paid by Paypal and are still within the 45 day period, then put in a buyer complaint for a refund.

80% of there items were being delivered AFTER 80 days. Which means you had no chance of placing a complaint with paypal for item not as described if it arrived damaged and you would not be able to leave feedback ( most of which would have been negative )

Ohhh and they will be back on eBay again, using another name. They don't have a business model without eBay.[/quote]

Interesting. Well, I've not seen the 7 string nor the doubleneck anywhere else, so that's why I bought from there.

It turns out my doubleneck wasn't in the post as they were waiting for my payment. I of course was waiting for my guitar... but they issued a refund of my deposit so that the paypal dispute was closed and I have now paid in full with a fresh transaction that has a fresh start date in case of a problem. I have UPS tracking details and if they don't update by tomorrow then I'll start a fresh dispute immediately.

They must have pleased some people, because they've had good feedback and I've spoken to several people who are happy.

Thanks for posting, I appreciate it. I presume you won't reveal how you know this, as Ebay Safe Harbor aren't trying to hard to respond to me?

[quote name='thedarxide' post='169065' date='Apr 3 2008, 12:12 PM']They must have pleased some people, because they've had good feedback and I've spoken to several people who are happy.[/quote]

Dont take this the wrong way, but eBay buyers are very easy to please :) They lap up the " Custom Made, hand made.....exclusive to us " comments. Makes them think there hard earned was well spent.

[quote name='thedarxide' post='169065' date='Apr 3 2008, 12:12 PM']Well, I've not seen the 7 string .[/quote]

A far better buy for a Seven String that is MADE IN THE SAME FACTORY is this one for £116

[url="http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_hbr7_450_frbk_7string_egitarre.htm"]http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_hbr...ng_egitarre.htm[/url]

[quote name='Splashproof' post='169092' date='Apr 3 2008, 12:40 PM']A far better buy for a Seven String that is MADE IN THE SAME FACTORY is this one for £116

[url="http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_hbr7_450_frbk_7string_egitarre.htm"]http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_hbr...ng_egitarre.htm[/url]

[/quote]

Dude, be-gone with your wimpy strings and floyd rose! :) I'm getting (hopefully) a 7 string *bass*

Edited by thedarxide

I bought one of their sixers just because it was cheap I recently sold it because I am mega skint but it wasn't that bad.

edit: don't get me wrong, I didn't believe for a second that it was handmade or exclusive etc, I just wanted to learn the six string bass and didn't want to spend loads on something I might not have got on with :)

Edited by SwordRaven

[quote name='neepheid' post='169192' date='Apr 3 2008, 03:25 PM']I contacted them a couple of times to see if they would sell me just a neck, which if they were a custom manufacturer they ought to have no problem with. No response. Read into that what you will.[/quote]

I've emailed them numerous times asking where the **** my bass is - no response. I think the employee who knew how to use a computer must've gone back to college.

FTR I ordered a fretless 6 for £79, purely because a friend of mine found a fretless 5 for £89 and I wanted to get 1 more string for less money than he paid. It wasn't about quality at all, it was purely a willy-waving exercise.

Every time he calls me now the first thing he says is "Have you got your bass yet?". I hung up on him yesterday when he did it.

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='170469' date='Apr 5 2008, 10:25 PM']I've emailed them numerous times asking where the **** my bass is - no response. I think the employee who knew how to use a computer must've gone back to college.

FTR I ordered a fretless 6 for £79, purely because a friend of mine found a fretless 5 for £89 and I wanted to get 1 more string for less money than he paid. It wasn't about quality at all, it was purely a willy-waving exercise.

Every time he calls me now the first thing he says is "Have you got your bass yet?". I hung up on him yesterday when he did it.[/quote]

According to UPS both of mine are in the post, so no new dispute to raise. Just hope they're okay when they arrive, which should be Wednesday.

THEY'RE HERE!!

My neighbour signed for them so I've just popped home and unpacked them, will have to give a detailed review later as I had to come back to work and haven't played them, but just as a taster, and so I can be excited all afternoon.... (i've just noticed the 5 string neck has 27 frets....)

[quote name='thedarxide' post='172133' date='Apr 8 2008, 11:52 AM']My neighbour signed for them so I've just popped home and unpacked them, will have to give a detailed review later as I had to come back to work and haven't played them, but just as a taster, and so I can be excited all afternoon.... (i've just noticed the 5 string neck has 27 frets....)[/quote]
You'll be pleased to find out that the twin-neck is identical to the Artecs twin-neck I got for £70 (except that I have a fretted 4-string neck, but that means I have MORE BATS!!!). I'm currently trying to get the necks to settle down (strings off and trussrods detensioned) because they were a bit wonky, possibly due to a poor set-up. Have a look down each side of each neck and make sure the reliefs look the same. Um, and don't try and tension up the strings much beyond their proper tuning, I think there's a bit of flex in the machine heads' drive mechanism...