Why become a member? ×

Logic 9 App for Mac users

Mr Bassman

I've been wanting [url="http://www.apple.com/uk/logicstudio/"]Logic Studio 9 for Lion (£417) or Logic Express (£166)[/url]

Today I just found Logic 9 App for [u][i][b]£139.99[/b][/i][/u] on the App store

Got it, what a bargain! :)

I'll use it more for score editing than recording my next album, but apart from all the other reasons I think it's worth buying a mac just to get this amazing software.

[url="http://www.apple.com/uk/macmini/"]Mac mini[/url] + Logic 9 app less than £700 :)

Edited by Mr Bassman

Stealing someone else's T-shirt slogan...

"I am an atheist producer. I use Logic and Reason"

... well actually I just use Reason. But £140 is a bargain for picking up Logic! I've tinkered with it on friends' laptops and it certainly seems to be the dog's balearics. Have fun with it :)

Edited by Skol303

This is part of Apple's plan to move away from boxed software, and towards an AppStore model for all apps, be they iPhone or Mac, consumer or professional.

Great price, although I did like the stack of manuals that came with my boxed version of Logic 8 (about 8" thick!). And I even read some of it...

I have used Logic since 1.9. I am on 8 and have no reason to upgrade at the moment, but was going to 10 when it appeared because I want Mainstage 2. With this I do not need to. I can get what I need for £20. Thank you thank you thank you for flagging this up.

[quote name='owen' timestamp='1323808404' post='1467439']
I have used Logic since 1.9. I am on 8 and have no reason to upgrade at the moment, but was going to 10 when it appeared because I want Mainstage 2. With this I do not need to. I can get what I need for £20. Thank you thank you thank you for flagging this up.
[/quote]
Hey Owen, are you saying that to upgrade is £20? if so I shall do the same!!

[quote name='owen' timestamp='1323980499' post='1469558']
A spotty youth in mid America with and endless supply of flat coca cola and cold pizza is waiting to demonstrate his tech prowess to you on youtube as soon as he possibly can.
[/quote]

OR... check out this amazing engineer/producer/composer guy David Earle a.k.a. SF Logic Ninja - check out the vids at the bottom of this list as he's done over 100 and the latest ones follow on from all the early ones - he's very good at explaining stuff in a clear and concise way, and he's quite funny - anyway he's good:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=UUrFzX-cr3xK_ma8ICLA517g&feature=plcp

I'm sure you'll find other folks that have done other recording advice type videos - but this guy's my fave and a good place to start - Google any questions you have as well there many, many similar forums to BC that are the 'recording' equivalent... one word of warning - if you thought getting into bass and bass gear was bad for GAS, it's NOTHING compared to studio GAS... there are WAY too many gadgets and bits of software out there that will eat your time and money... just so you know :)

Mike

I love working with Logic. I was recently in a studio recording drums with a fella using Pro Tools. Whereas it had some nice plugins there was a lot of stuff you could do in Logic that you can't do in Pro Tools. For example, exporting all tracks as WAVs in one hit, super fast track bouncing (Pro Tools bounces in real-time) and other small things that I've taken for granted in Logic.