Why become a member? ×

Genz Benz Streamliner 600 trial

tonyclaret

If you dont want any extra grind than the Shuttle allows then I see no reason to change, If a valve sound is more your thing then the Streamliner will be better for you. I never go over half way with the valve drive on my Shuttle I have now so Im happy as I am, In fact I have just got a Shuttle 3 too which is FET only :)

The whole tone of the Streamliner is just MUCH MUCH bigger, and rounder, and fatter. It really is like an all tube amp, but it can do this very very clean with zero grit, if you want that. You can add a lot of grit and grind if you like, but that's just part of the package. You wont have the sparkly/precise nature of the Shuttle, but the Streamliner is stull VERY articulate considering how tubey it is. It just has more bounce and thud to the notes.

I'm waiting for the next line of Shuttle's to hit the UK (Im guessing after NAMM 2012) to pick up a replacement for the LM3 I sent back.

Edited by Musicman20

Sorry Pete, no links....but it seems that the shops on Talkbass have stated they are selling them cheaper because they are being phased out, so I assume they will be replacing them this NAMM. I bet by late December Genz have some pics on Talkbass. I hope so anyway!

Ive been tempted to pick up a 9.0 and leave it at that. Super cheap at the mo. £575 at Bass Direct.

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1322677426' post='1454439']
The whole tone of the Streamliner is just MUCH MUCH bigger, and rounder, and fatter. It really is like an all tube amp, but it can do this very very clean with zero grit, if you want that. You can add a lot of grit and grind if you like, but that's just part of the package. You wont have the sparkly/precise nature of the Shuttle, but the Streamliner is stull VERY articulate considering how tubey it is. It just has more bounce and thud to the notes

I'm waiting for the next line of Shuttle's to hit the UK (Im guessing after NAMM 2012) to pick up a replacement for the LM3 I sent back.
[/quote]

Exactely my thoughts, I kinda love that sparkly top end on the shuttle but often, well more times than not end up using the sansamp through it, for a bit of beef. I number of comments have made me a bit unsure saying the bottom
End can be quite muddy and undefined? Are they just not making the most of the eq?

Can't help as I'm the wrong end of the country, but [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/129360-gb-streamliner-berg-ae112/page__view__findpost__p__1454115"]THIS[/url] was my view of the two A/B'd through a Barefaced Super12T last Saturday before I left the shop with a new Streamliner 6.0 :)

I don't know that it's better than the Shuttle, but it is a very different beast that I loved through the cab for the styles I cover. The Shuttle was too clinical for me

[quote name='WalMan' timestamp='1323021614' post='1458387']
...and as a follow up after last night first outing with the Streamliner 6.0 & Barefaced S12T.....OH YES!!! :) Big ear to ear grins here
[/quote]
After hearing WoTs Streamliner 900 on my S12T I know precisely why that grin is there. If.... I might change that to when... I change amps, a Streamliner it is.

[quote name='tonyclaret' timestamp='1323195389' post='1460467']
Thanks for all comments. The purchase has been made via our very own walbassist. Can't wait for it to arrive!
[/quote]Ah 'twas you in the end was it :) I was in the queue for a while, then had a rush of blood to the head in Nevada on a Saturday morning :) I have got away with it so far, but I am sure she won't miss the blue glow instead of yellow legend at Saturdays gig.

Enjoy...I know I am