Jump to content
Why become a member? Read more... ×
Basschat Podcast: Episode 2 Read more... ×
retroman

Vigier Porn!

Recommended Posts

On 30/03/2018 at 18:32, wright/watt said:

 along with my Passion111 custom in funky orange (not sure what the colour is!!

I suppose it's the same colour like those on my beloved 1993 Arpège III fretless 😍 - where it's called "Antique violin" (I guess)

1748818416_Vigiertotale.thumb.jpg.852ff8be4e7a3ec0a65f03a444de7167.jpg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 30/03/2018 at 18:32, wright/watt said:

 

 

 

Edited by mk1967

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 30/03/2018 at 18:32, wright/watt said:

 

Sorry - I made a mistake during uploading. Could you please erase the double posts? Thank you

 

Edited by mk1967

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/07/2018 at 10:48, mk1967 said:

I suppose it's the same colour like those on my beloved 1993 Arpège III fretless 😍 - where it's called "Antique violin" (I guess)

1748818416_Vigiertotale.thumb.jpg.852ff8be4e7a3ec0a65f03a444de7167.jpg

Funky orange did sound good...but antique violin it is 😀 Thanks...ps I bet your Arpege Series 111 plays and sounds as good as a Stradavarius like my Passion series 111?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bet they both do 😀 - for months I have now been searching for such a wonderful Passion III like yours...😍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone up for a bit of case porn? 

Apparently Vigier only made these fitted hard cases for a year or so. Made of wood, quite light actually - I don't have the key but I doubt the locks are up to much. Feels pretty solid and it's nice to have one that fits perfectly. 

I've had it for ages, but recently gave it a bit of a clean so thought why not get some snaps.

 

IMG_1063.JPG

IMG_1064.JPG

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do have two Passions, a burgundy red with an original teardrop hardcase (I am the second owner) and a kind of yellowburst with a detuner. Serials told that these ladies were made in 1988 and 1989. I hunted these for ages, saw the first Passion (ROM version) in the 1980's. Fell in love instantly but did not have the money at that time. Now a happy owner of these two. Lovely instruments.

If the NT fretless looks somewhat long, it has a 36" scale. Passive, step attenuator, coil switch, hollow, handmade by an incredibly talented Finn, Kristian Ukkonen. Finnish birch, blackwood fretboard and walnut top. Very nice and easy to play. Straps are handmade by lady Katariina Larisuo, both sides shown.

IMG_1961r.JPG

IMG_0787.JPG

Edited by itu
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice, my Passion is '88 too. Where did you get the green control knobs!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, itu said:

Do have two Passions, a burgundy red with an original teardrop hardcase (I am the second owner) and a kind of yellowburst with a detuner. Serials told that these ladies were made in 1988 and 1989. I hunted these for ages, saw the first Passion (ROM version) in the 1980's. Fell in love instantly but did not have the money at that time. Now a happy owner of these two. Lovely instruments.

If the NT fretless looks somewhat long, it has a 36" scale. Passive, step attenuator, coil switch, hollow, handmade by an incredibly talented Finn, Kristian Ukkonen. Finnish birch, blackwood fretboard and walnut top. Very nice and easy to play. Straps are handmade by lady Katariina Larisuo, both sides shown.

IMG_1961r.JPG

IMG_0787.JPG

Oh man, those are lovely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ped said:

Where did you get the green control knobs!

The bass was missing the eq knobs so I visited a local electronics shop and bought few knobs and several hats. Tried red and black hats but green seemed to fit at that time. The frames are grey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, itu said:

The bass was missing the eq knobs so I visited a local electronics shop and bought few knobs and several hats. Tried red and black hats but green seemed to fit at that time. The frames are grey.

Ah I see! I had a hard time finding spares for mine. The splines are 6mm are they not, and the knobs collet fixing type?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ped said:

The splines are 6mm are they not, and the knobs collet fixing type?

Yes, the same. I was lucky to find the right sized knobs right away. Sometimes this small country that I live in (Finland, or Infland) may have two parts somewhere in Lapland - or not.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, itu said:

Do have two Passions, a burgundy red with an original teardrop hardcase (I am the second owner) and a kind of yellowburst with a detuner. Serials told that these ladies were made in 1988 and 1989. I hunted these for ages, saw the first Passion (ROM version) in the 1980's. Fell in love instantly but did not have the money at that time. Now a happy owner of these two. Lovely instruments.

If the NT fretless looks somewhat long, it has a 36" scale. Passive, step attenuator, coil switch, hollow, handmade by an incredibly talented Finn, Kristian Ukkonen. Finnish birch, blackwood fretboard and walnut top. Very nice and easy to play. Straps are handmade by lady Katariina Larisuo, both sides shown.

IMG_1961r.JPG

IMG_0787.JPG

Stunning pair of passion basses there...A good club to be in👊😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/07/2018 at 09:24, mattbass6 said:

As soon as it gets here I promise, I'll get pics posted ASAP 😋

Dude! Do you have it yet, I'm sure you do! Let's see it! 😁😁

 

Well. It's been quite a while since I visited Basschat to my shame. Damn I've just been catching up on some seriously sexy Vigier action!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Snarf said:

Dude! Do you have it yet, I'm sure you do! Let's see it! 😁😁

 

Well. It's been quite a while since I visited Basschat to my shame. Damn I've just been catching up on some seriously sexy Vigier action!

Morning. I'm afraid I don't have it. There was a little delay but, that's all good. I have my no.1 but, I am looking forward to when this new beasty arrives. As soon as it does, I will post some pics, I promise 😊

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ahhh damn, sorry dude! Soon I'm sure, and I'm very intrigued to see how it looks. And hear! You'll have to post some clips of it too :)

In fact, I'd actually really like to hear the tone variation between some of the old basses compared to the new ones!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×