Why become a member? ×

Yes Tonight

analog kid

Well off to see Yes shortly at Birmingham Symphony Hall and to worship at the alter of Chris Squire and then next Tuesday Glenn Hughes acoustic show at Brum Glee Club where he will personally sign copies of his autobiography!

Thats 2 of my all time top 4 Bass heroes i will be seeing in 5 days.......sorry just had to share im just so excited!

[quote name='analog kid' timestamp='1321033335' post='1434704']
Well off to see Yes shortly at Birmingham Symphony Hall and to worship at the alter of Chris Squire and then next Tuesday Glenn Hughes acoustic show at Brum Glee Club where he will personally sign copies of his autobiography!

Thats 2 of my all time top 4 Bass heroes i will be seeing in 5 days.......sorry just had to share im just so excited!
[/quote]

Can you do me a favour and ask Glenn to confirm whether it was the Ric or the P-Bass on Made in Europe? I believe it was actually the P despite the cover photos (and some distinctly Ric like upper-register tones), but I need to know! I've been fretting over this for years. :)

FWIW, 2 of my faves too.

[quote name='4000' timestamp='1321036698' post='1434769']
Can you do me a favour and ask Glenn to confirm whether it was the Ric or the P-Bass on Made in Europe? I believe it was actually the P despite the cover photos (and some distinctly Ric like upper-register tones), but I need to know! I've been fretting over this for years. :)

FWIW, 2 of my faves too.
[/quote]

You know that is a question that bugged me for years,now i believe he used the Ric for the UK shows but swopped to the P for the Europeon shows...he says he gave the Ric to his mate Geezer Butler who still owns it!

Will gladly ask him as i am hoping he will sign my 1976 Made In Europe LP,his playing on that was a huge influence on me as a 15 year old just starting out as a Bassist.

btw Yes and Chris Squire were superb 4th row directly in front of the man himself all i could was his Bass mainly Bliss!

All lot of the old songs are a lot slower now,but who cares.

What bothers me is that his P doesn't sound the same, particularly in the upper register, on other recordings i've heard. It's normally drier and a bit clunkier, but hey, that could just be the recording. If he could confirm either way I could finally sleep at night! :) Regardless, it's a blinding rock tone. Must admit that until I got my '72 Ric I could get closer with my old early 70s P than with my previous Rics ('80 and '76).

Chris is my main man; glad to hear they were great. They usually are. :)

Saw Yes last week in Sheffield (see previous thread);
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/159935-off-to-see-one-of-the-greats-tonight/"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/159935-off-to-see-one-of-the-greats-tonight/[/url]
I was going to mention that it sounded like some songs were slower than normal but wondered if it was my mind playing tricks. Glenn Hughes is at Nottingham Glee club this Sunday but I don't think I can make it unfortunately. Might put the book on my xmas list though.

Saw them in Manchester on Sunday. Great show, with possible over-progginess in Fly from here with CS doing the if-Steve-can-have-a-guitar-on-a-stand-then-I-want-a-bass-on-a-stand-too :)

Set list from Manchester:

Yours Is No Disgrace
Tempus Fugit
I've Seen All Good People
Life on a Film Set
And You And I
Steve Solo-Solitaire
Fly From Here
Wondrous Stories
Into the Storm
Heart of the Sunrise
Starship Trooper

Encore - Roundabout

Bliss....

[quote name='gelfin' timestamp='1321219846' post='1436728']
Off to see yes at Colston Hall, Bristol on Wednesday.

I may sound like a bit of an anorak but I will have seen every UK tour since 1968.
[/quote]

Good man. I'd be lying if I said all of them, but I've attended quite a lot of them myself.

[quote name='ead' timestamp='1321360757' post='1438151']
Saw them in Manchester on Sunday. Great show, with possible over-progginess in Fly from here with CS doing the if-Steve-can-have-a-guitar-on-a-stand-then-I-want-a-bass-on-a-stand-too :)

Set list from Manchester:

Yours Is No Disgrace
Tempus Fugit
I've Seen All Good People
Life on a Film Set
And You And I
Steve Solo-Solitaire
Fly From Here
Wondrous Stories
Into the Storm
Heart of the Sunrise
Starship Trooper

Encore - Roundabout

Bliss....
[/quote]

In Sheffield we got Machine Messiah at the expense of Heart of the Sunrise (both were on set list last tour but they need to make room for the new material this time round obviously).