Why become a member? ×

I went to Bass Direct today........and bought this

danweb22

Is it possible to go to Bass Direct and leave without buying anything?? - all those "10% down today and 10% each month" deals have got to be the best/worst invention ever (depending on whether you actually wanted to buy something)..with my GAS/impulse buying issues I'm staying away...

Lovely looking bass BTW!

I played a few when I was there and they were very good. When I was there I had the option of a G&L L2000 Tribute AND an Overwater Contemporary J5 (Tanglewood) or a Dingwall Combustion. I decided to go for the 2 as I thought i'd be far more satisfied with 2 vastly different midrange instruments than one expensive - so far this has been the case ! Also read a lot of comments that the Combustions are good value but it's definitely worth the extra pennies to get an ABZ instead.

And, in the time it's taken to type this up - Dingwall GAS has indeed been 'reignited' (see what I did there, eh ?! :))

[quote name='Machines' timestamp='1320341232' post='1425636']
Anyone who goes there not expecting this is very naive :o. That Dingwall looks awesome in that colour, I like it.
[/quote]
Well thanks for that; I did a casual search for their website, hmm, not really any names that I usually look at .......... aha! second-hand - click!
I don't generally give Fenders a second look - but that Aerodyne :) :)
Now I have to sell a kidney BEFORE the run-up to Christmas!!! :)

[quote name='Grand Wazoo' timestamp='1320343127' post='1425689']
Oh not a Dingwall!! They're rubbish! All the frets are wonky and they weigh next to nothing averaging 7-7.5lbs!

The pickups are all handmade and they sound too loud even when passive.

What on earth possessed you to get one, mate. Are you sick or something?

[/quote]

I didn't think you would like it :)

[quote name='Gungr' timestamp='1320387229' post='1426132']
I was the haggardly looking chap that blustered in while you were playing. It sounded wonderful, love the colour scheme on it too.
[/quote]

Coincidence! Which amp did you decide on in the end?

You may find that most string sets will be too short - the gauges selected are also different to regular sets to improve intonation and string to string tension. I also stock R Cocco hand made strings for Dingwall in both nickel and stainless - these last longer than standard strings due to the higher quality steel used that does not yield and go dull.

Mark

Edited by poptart