Why become a member? ×

Fender Road Worn Jazz Fiesta Red SOLD

guybrush threepwood

As I've decided to try and find another precision, I'm letting my jazz go. I acquired this in a trade for my Stingray, and have absolutely loved playing it; it's the 5th jazz bass I've owned, and definitely the best by a mile - the sound, setup and feel are simply top-notch. (For the record, the others were 2 MIA and 2 CIJ). It's also really light!

It's in excellent condition (if that counts for a reliced bass), setup beautifully and has quite new Fender rounds (.45 - .100) on it. I also have a generic hard case for it.

I'm looking for £700.

I'm based in Leeds, but I'm in Loughborough most weekends.

Edited by guybrush threepwood

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1318260623' post='1399812']
:) drool...
[/quote]
[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1318261025' post='1399819']
The relic haters can hate all they like... IMO, these are gorgeous. :)
[/quote]
Damn straight!

There's no denying that on stage this bass looks the mutts nuts, I wish the same could be said for my ill-advised ginger beard...

Edited by guybrush threepwood

[quote name='guybrush threepwood' timestamp='1318255550' post='1399728']
As I've decided to try and find another precision, I'm letting my jazz go... Tradewise, I'm looking for a Precision that plays and sounds as good as this.

I'm based in Leeds, but I'm in Loughborough most weekends.
[/quote]
That is one cracking looking Jazz. Dear me, I keep away from this forum for ages quite happy with my lot and then have an instant GAS attack the moment I log on again!

Would you be interested in a 62RI 3TS non-export Japanese Precision (the PB62-US model with Alder body, US pickups, spiral bridge)? If so, drop me a PM and I can send pictures, serial number, weight and/or anything else you might need. I'm planning a trip up to see relatives in Nottingham, so might be able to arrange a meet-up.

If not, best of luck and have a bump on me :)

A little update... I got a fender gigbag included with the precision I bought yesterday, and as it is surplus to my requirements I can include it with the sale (along with the case). Also, I've had a hunt in my basement this evening, and I should have enough cardboard to pack this up, so I can now courier the bass. However, the best quote I've seen for delivery and insurance is just over £30... If any keen buyers know where I can better this, please let me know! :)