Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn.

walbassuk

[attachment=90751:100_0320.JPG][attachment=90752:100_0321.JPG][attachment=90753:100_0322.JPG][attachment=89708:100_0230.JPG][attachment=89713:Paul.jpg][attachment=89711:100_0234.JPG][attachment=89710:100_0232.JPG][attachment=89709:100_0231.JPG][attachment=89707:100_0228.JPG]

Following spinal surgery I am faced with trying to put together a light weight, good quality bass rig and as the cash fairy has gone into hiding I am considering parting with my beloved Wal. It has been my main bass for over 10 years. It is worth mentioning that this bass has been looked after and regularly serviced but it has been used, it's not been hung on a wall and there is some wear. I have tried to show this in the pics.
From similar postings I would be looking for offers in the region of £2500.
It is a March 1990 Mahogany cored, American Walnut facing. Serial number W 3376. One of a pair originally built for the Bass Centre in London, hence the sticker on the back of the headstock. After I 1st got it I was lucky enough to have it given the once over by Pete Stevens while he was still running Electric wood in High Wycombe. It has it's original fibreglass wal hard case.
As there's been a bit of history of wal's being used in ebay cons, I'd prefer to do any business face to face for both our sakes.
In the trade world I would be interested in markbass gear ie cmd121P with an extension cab or barefaced cabs. They have to be good quality and light

Edited by walbassuk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Shame to sell such a great bass.
I would love another one of them. Made the mistake of selling mine back in 80's. Huge regret. They are extremely versatile and can cover every style of music IMO.

Good luck with the sale.

Dave

Yes, it's not a case of wanting rid of it, but needs must. Thanks for the moral support, put people in this direction if you think they'd like a great bass. I am also trying to sell or trade my stack as well
http://basschat.co.uk/topic/168975-fsft-bass-rigline6-euphonic-audioneed-light-weight-replacement/page__p__1552651__hl__line6__fromsearch__1#entry1552651
If I can move that I may be able to hang onto the Wal.

• 2 weeks later...

You have a beautiful bass there (which I can't afford). Just a thought but some Wals have gone for silly money on eBay recently (one Mk 1 went for over £3k earlier this week) - have you thought about trying that route?