Why become a member? ×

Aguiar SL 112

CHRISDABASS

I've been using a pair of SL112's with the TH500 amp. They are a great combination. Playing with drums and 2 guitarists who play loud and I can keep up with them easily. What I find is important is to place the cabs on something to raise them up a little, in my case a flightcase. Also I make sure they are not too close to the wall in order to give the ports space to do their thing. Ultimately what I like about the set up is the sound quality. Plenty of variation is available on the amp in terms of tone and the speakers seem to handle it all well. I also use an Aguilar compressor pedal to good effect. Certainly worth checking out.

[attachment=89215:DSC_0011.jpg]

Edited by paulmcnamara

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1320089786' post='1422254']
I saw that BassGear in Twyford have just had a shipment of these in - will definitely try to get over there & try them out soon!
[/quote]

Quote revision

"I saw that BassGear in Twyford have just had a shipment of these in - will definitely try to get over there & [s]try them out[/s] [b]buy[/b] some soon" :)

Whilst at BG last Friday I was fortunate enough to hear first a 'name' funk player try out a TH500 + 2xSL112 rig & then a really nice jazzier style guy.

I've tried them out a few times this week & just couldn't resist the combination of stupidly light weight and deep punchy lows plus nice clear highs all at a pretty decent price.

The weight is just astonishing - I can lift one over my head with virtually zero effort - not a particularly useful ability but hopefully you get the picture, lol.

I've tried them with a few different heads but the TH500 seems to work better than any of the others I've managed to use. No great surprise here of course because they were designed to work with each other.

Looks great as well :)