Why become a member? ×

mxr el grande bass fuzz - new one on me

ahpook

scroll thru the videos and ul find a video of it

[url="http://namm.harmony-central.com/WNAMM08/"]http://namm.harmony-central.com/WNAMM08/[/url]

sounds bloody brilliant, and blue leds, 2 of them!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

[quote name='d-basser' post='179664' date='Apr 18 2008, 12:30 PM']dunno but the thomann price aint to shabby[/quote]

this is better

[url="http://www.soundunlimited.co.uk/product_1029_MXR_El_Grande_Bass_Fuzz_M182_3.html"]http://www.soundunlimited.co.uk/product_10...uzz_M182_3.html[/url]

• 1 month later...

well its out, and imo overpriced, anyone gunna take the plunge n buy one?? i cant see me ever spending £125 on it, i was hoping it would be cheaper than the blowtorch, but alas. found it for £109 at one place, and that link above is at £85, but both are out of stock, and no doubt when they are back in they will mark their prices up with the likes of dv and a few others

opinions?

Edited by BassManKev

[quote name='BassManKev' post='201780' date='May 18 2008, 09:50 PM']well its out, and imo overpriced, anyone gunna take the plunge n buy one?? i cant see me ever spending £125 on it, i was hoping it would be cheaper than the blowtorch, but alas. found it for £109 at one place, and that link above is at £85, but both are out of stock, and no doubt when they are back in they will mark their prices up with the likes of dv and a few others

opinions?[/quote]

i'd be interested to hear it, but i'm not as interested as i was...between my fulltone bass driver and the mxr di+ (thanks again bmk), i'm quite happy.

if i were interested i'd certainly be waiting a bit for the prices to come down...

Edited by ahpook

For that money you can get 2 other really good pedals from the US - Wounded Paw Attack Goat, Messdrive Hybrid Plus or Earthbound Supercollider (which I have on order!). Then you'd get a lot more sounds out of the 2 pedals!

Edited by dannybuoy

£125? Well, I won't be buying of them then.

I have, however, been looking at the possibility of getting an Attack Goat for a while, have you got any experience with them dannybuoy (or anyone else)?

attack goat does look good, but according to some things iv read, mainly at talkbass, the blend isnt very effective, so i think it soundsss at though it loses bottom end, but actaully really doesnt, if that makes sense, probably not

I haven't got any experience with any of those pedals I mentioend, but there are e few threads containing clips over at talkbass. I'm after a huge wall of sound type fuzz with tons of low end that's woolly and warm as opposed to harsh/synthy/buzzy and the Supercollider clips just did it for me. The Attack Goat sounds totally different, less full-on, and the blend can make be used to give a clean sound with a subtle background fuzz on top of your original signal. The other pedal I really liked the sound of was the Pickle Pie B version, but that costs a little more than the others.

I guess we need some more clips of the El Grande to make a good comparison, all I've heard so far is the Namm video and I wasn't all that impressed.

Edited by dannybuoy

[quote name='BassManKev' post='179799' date='Apr 18 2008, 02:48 PM'][b]its due in june i think[/b], thomann wil just keep lyin like they have last few months to get pre orders or whatever[/quote]

:)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

i tried one briefly the other day...wasn't that impressed to be honest. it sounds good, but to my ears nothing that my russian big muff doesn't do.

the deep switch is very deep, but as it's a fuzz it loses a lot of punch.

sorry - i'm not very good at reviews.