Why become a member? ×

Famous People you never knew played bass #7

daz

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Chris2112' timestamp='1315332975' post='1364456']
Well, the court didn't think it was an accident.
[/quote]

Possibly not, but that was the core of his defence wasn't it? I can't remember if it was murder or manslaughter they put him away for. Wikipedia is but a few clicks away but I cannot be arsed typing his name to find out. Do let us know though.

[quote name='EdwardHimself' timestamp='1315126896' post='1361559']
I was reading an article the other day which said that Keanu Reeves out of the matrix is left handed but plays the bass right handed apparently.
[/quote]

Yep! he played on the Mr. Big influences album, and is friends with Billy Sheehan! Billy gave him a few lessons there are (or at least we're pictures on Billys site)

Found the link! http://www.billysheehan.com/photos/photos_other02.html

[quote name='daz' timestamp='1315322161' post='1364235']
thats what i thought at first too

edit: there seems to be a diff of opinion on google with [i]gummed [/i]coming out tops.
[/quote]

It probably won because it sounds absolutely filthy in that context.

Did someone mention Keanu? I saw his band (think they were called Dogstar?) at T in the Park once. Post Bill and Ted, Pre-Matrix. They were gash.

[quote name='mep' timestamp='1315571550' post='1367610']
The lovely Sarah-Jane Honeywell from cbeebies plays bass. I once saw her play a bit on Tikkabilla.

I can't find a picture or YouTube clip, so this is a picture of her not playing bass!

[attachment=89005:SJH.jpg]
[/quote]

Mmm.... Sarah Jane off CBeebies..... Nice to see I'm not the only dad on here who finds himself letching after his daughter's tv idols. Either that or you're a student. :)

Wrestler Hulk Hogan played bass for years before being a wrestler, mentions in his book a major preference for fretless. Seemingly kept it up too, as there are recent enough clips of him playing on youtube.

Another Wrestler/Singer Chris Jericho played bass for years when he was younger.

The fellow from Penn & Teller also plays upright, gigs with the opening band before his magic shows.

[quote name='witterth' timestamp='1315138405' post='1361730']
I heard he played bass for zappa, am I wrong?
anyways getting back to Clunes, I seem to remember his character in ITV's "William and Mary" had him as a Bass Player. he did guest with Gary Numan on one gig playing "cars", or so some bloke down the pub says.
Steve Coogan once asked me if he could play my bass once ( he was "inspired" I said no )[/quote]

The bloke down the pub was right, I was at the gig.

[quote name='Johnston' timestamp='1316379958' post='1377375']

Mr Tumble Justin Fletcher had a Ricky of some sort in one of cebeebies links.
[/quote]

Not seen that, it must be quite recent, but my 6 yr old has moved on to cbbc now so i don't get to watch cbeebies much anymore :) (the face is more to do with the teenage tracy beaker attitude it's givin her...)

[quote name='paul torch' timestamp='1316436062' post='1377933']
Steve Coogan once asked me if he could play my bass once ( he was "inspired" I said no )

proof:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlhQ3iC54QM[/media]
[/quote]

brilliant. have to view it all on dvd now.

[quote name='paul torch' timestamp='1316436062' post='1377933']
Steve Coogan once asked me if he could play my bass once ( he was "inspired" I said no )

proof:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlhQ3iC54QM[/media]
[/quote]
Geek bass alert! it was a fretless stingray he wanted to "have a go at " too. Never gonna happen ..its never gonna happen...

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='pete.young' timestamp='1316560630' post='1379833']
Curtley Ambrose, West Indies fast bowler.
[/quote]

He used to live accross the road from me. At night sometimes i'd see him and one of my sexy young neighbours, meet and sit outside cannodling. Never heard any bass from his house though.

• 12 years later...

Just came across this on YouTube. Filmed in 2019.

World Tour cyclist Daniel Oss is a bass player. This is part of a series where former UK road race champion Matt Stephens goes for a ride and to a cafe with leading pro and ex-pro cyclists. Includes a trip to Wunjos and Macaris on Denmark Street. The whole series is very entertaining but I don't think there's any music content in any of the others.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bassfinger said:

Hulk Hogan was actually me in a wig with a fake mustache.

...and a set of shoulder pads? 😁

By the way, I met the guy in 2001, in a Californian hotel near LAX airport.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bassfinger said:

I'm probably lacking a little in the bicep department, but I'm taller and close on the same weight. Shoulder pads deffo not needed ;)

I weigh a bit less. I think I may be a little taller. If you know my YouTube channel, you know what I look like...

• Like 1