Why become a member? ×

Encore ltd edition p-bass, how much is it worth?

woolleydick

To someone that knows what it is and how good they are? £100-150

To everyone else that recognises the headstock name and doesn't get the chance to play it first (assuming it does play well like it should!), £80-100

Cheers,
James

Edited by Moos3h

Pretty much the response I was expecting.
JHS are the importers and distributors for the UK for the encore name.
I am having a clear out but less than 100 quid is not really an incentive to shift it.
So as that is what it is worth I think I will keep it as a future project, maybe just slip a decent pickup into it and keep the original in case of a future sale.
My friend has it's cousin in an Encore strat finished exactly the same (gold hardware, tort guard, knobs etc.) but with the more recent headstock shape which they changed to avoid lawsuits from Fender.
It might look cool for a gig with the pair of us.

Cheers folks, appreciate the thoughts.

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1355429' date='Aug 29 2011, 05:23 PM']It looks quite nice but I doubt anyone would part with more than about £75-85 for it IMO as thats what a standard Squier p fetches. Does it play well and sound good if it does keep it, if not either mod it or sell it anyway :)[/quote]
+1

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='1355477' date='Aug 29 2011, 05:59 PM']Had a wee change of heart there Moos3h? :)[/quote]

Typing with one hand and half a brain = fail.

I'd be ace on the Antiques Roadshow. "Urm, sorta green Vase? Probably worth about a grand or so.....now sod off, would ya? Top Gear's on."

Hi, i have a couple of these. The first i bought on Ebay a couple of years ago for about £60. Did a total restoration on it and it's now my favourite bass. See here for the re-build thread.

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=78831&hl=encore+ltd"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...p;hl=encore+ltd[/url]

I recently purchased a second one on the bay for the princely sum of £30 which will be the basis of my next project.

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220828808298&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT[/url]

In my eyes, these basses are worth a lot more than they actually sell for so my advice is to keep hold on to it and do something interesting with it.

Edited by silentbob

Just got one of these myself for a project off ebay. Got it for £60 - seems in decent nick apart from needing a bloody good clean. I plan to get a custom made tort plate fitted and hopefully throw in some Wizard Trads or Thumpers. Add some flats to it and a tumbe rest and away i go.

That there was my first 'proper' bass, hot on the heels of a Gibson EB copy made my 'Eros' which was purchased for £20.

The encore was £199 new at the time, my Dad agreed to pay half if I could save up the first £100. Fantastic sounding bass if I remember correctly. Around that time, a friend's sister started a saturday job at the same place as me and wanted to leartn how to play the bass. Being totally lovestruck I lent her the Encore... She didn't really learn to play it much passed beginner level, but we eventually got together - We've now been together 12 years, married for 1, and have a 6 month old daughter.

So it was a very special bass for me.
(sorry for going off topic!)