Why become a member? ×

SOLD. Ibanez ATK

Shockwave

[quote name='Beedster' post='1326355' date='Aug 4 2011, 12:40 AM']To clarify, PM ('Private Message'), which I would assume means it's not to be broadcast or discussed without the other party's permission on the forum?[/quote]

[quote name='redstriper' post='1326399' date='Aug 4 2011, 01:45 AM']PM means [b]private[/b] message doesn't it ?[/quote]

Technically the post before me was also subject of a PM to me, so really the other guy did it first. Should I ban him for it?

[quote name='Andyjr1515' post='1326032' date='Aug 3 2011, 07:32 PM']Hi

I've PM'd you a pick-up offer with phone contact if it is of any interest (use this text or ring this eve - I'm on limited internet connection)

Andy[/quote]

Incidently he brought the PM discussion into the thread and not me. Regardless there is no Rules that prevent PMs being read out in public. If it were sensitive details such as full name, date of birth credit card numbers. Then yeah maybe there is a problem, but they werent so meh.

[quote name='Shockwave' post='1326385' date='Aug 4 2011, 01:19 AM']As a person I show respect to whoever I want, being a mod does not change that.[/quote]

You're wrong there, being a mod should change that, as you are representative of the forum, how would you expect other members to listen to you if you don't present yourself as a fair and unbiased point of contact and person of responsibility.

As a mod on a few forums in my years, the unfortunate thing is you do sometimes have to bite your tongue for the forums greater good, and put aside personal opinions.

To be honest it is bad form to go publishing content of PM for all to see, set fast rule or not, its just not very good.

[quote name='Shockwave' post='1326407' date='Aug 4 2011, 02:05 AM']Technically the post before me was also subject of a PM to me, so really the other guy did it first. Should I ban him for it?[/quote]

You are a mod, he isnt, will you let him ban you for it?

[quote name='redstriper' post='1326821' date='Aug 4 2011, 12:50 PM']I am disappointed by the arrogance displayed here and wonder if it is supported by the rest of the mods on this forum?[/quote]

If I was the type of person who publicly revealed the content of PMs, and following the PM I received after posting last night, I could answer that question for you mate :)

I stand by what I have said in regards to the form the haggling took and what I think of it.

I apologise for bringing a paraphrase of PM's into public domain. I was angry considering (Which I think everyone would agree) the price was ridiculously low as it was.

His bringing the issue into the public thread presented an opportunity to me to respond, in hindsight innapropriately

[quote name='Shockwave' post='1326842' date='Aug 4 2011, 12:58 PM']I stand by what I have said in regards to the form the haggling took and what I think of it.

I apologise for bringing a paraphrase of PM's into public domain.[/quote]
Very disappointing.

[quote name='Shockwave' post='1326842' date='Aug 4 2011, 12:58 PM']I stand by what I have said in regards to the form the haggling took and what I think of it.

I apologise for bringing a paraphrase of PM's into public domain. I was angry considering (Which I think everyone would agree) the price was ridiculously low as it was.

His bringing the issue into the public thread presented an opportunity to me to respond, in hindsight innapropriately[/quote]
Very inappropriately, I'd say...!

But... we all make mistakes.

Sorry but something stinks here and I can't ignore it.

What do you mean by [quote]I stand by what I have said in regards to the form the haggling took and what I think of it.[/quote]?
I haven't seen anything wrong about the 'form that the haggling took'.
From what I understand he offered £10 below the asking price to cover his fuel costs in a PM.
If such a perfectly reasonable offer makes you so angry, perhaps you should re-consider your role as a moderator of other's behaviour.

And this is ridiculous:
[quote]Technically the post before me was also subject of a PM to me, so really the other guy did it first. Should I ban him for it?[/quote]
Are you power mad?
He simply mentioned that he had PMd you, which is quite reasonable and nothing like you're public response which contained details of his message in an insulting manner in an attempt to make him look cheap in front of his peers.
That is out of order in my book and I cannot see any genuine regret or humility in your apology.

I may have the details wrong and I don't like to get involved in judging people - I just say it as I see it.

Hey Guys

Been travelling and so am only just back onto a decent connection. That, unfortunately was part of the problem here...I was on a bought internet connection with 5 mins to go when I saw Rob's ad. I had little time to work out the costs and challenge of getting to Swindon and - with apologies, Rob - missed the bit in the thread about the price being firm. The asking plus diesel (250 mile round trip) plus bits took me over what I could afford, hence the offer. I PM'd because I knew I wouldn't be able to have much more than the briefest time on the internet and so - because I was likely to be travelling the following evening if the offer was accepted - I was sending my personal phone number - which I am NOT going to put onto a forum.

The response worried me because I immediately PMd an apolology to Robs PM'd response but still ended with a bit of a drubbing on the forum. As Rob is a moderator, I then assumed I had committed some dreadful forum crime - and I like this forum - I don't want to be kicked out.

I have since clarified that making offers is generally OK but PMs are generally not.

Rob - I'm genuinely pleased you've sold your bass - the market is S***te at the moment and NOTHING seems to be moving. I apologise completely unreservedly for missing the 'firm' comment in your thread. I don't want to be kicked off the forum and I don't want you to be berated by the members over your response

Shake hands & move on?
Andy

[quote name='Andyjr1515' post='1327725' date='Aug 4 2011, 08:12 PM']I have since clarified that making offers is generally OK but PMs are generally not.
Andy[/quote]

Andy - offers by PM are fine and I have made and received many, with no offence taken on either side - but then, I've never dealt with shockwave!

I also missed the 'firm' part in the OP and I applaud your gracious apology for 'your mistake'.

Shockwave - I don't know what drove me to get involved here and I have nothing personal against you, we all make mistakes as WOT said.

Edited by redstriper

[quote name='kurcatovium' post='1328231' date='Aug 5 2011, 08:23 AM']Come on guys, no need to witch hunting on either side. It's not that big deal, right?

(Monty Python quote: ... but she turned me into a newt ...)[/quote]

It's absolutely no big deal - small misunderstanding on both sides.
Rob - shake hands and move onto why we're all here...MAKING MUSIC? :)

Andy