Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Squier Matt Freeman Precision

Evil Undead

*willing to trade for a Markbass Traveler 102P*

I am trying to be all grown up and sensible, and in doing so I realise I only [i]need [/i]one bass. (I want more, but ya know...)As I don't seem to be able to sell my beloved Warwick, I guess this one is the one to go.

I bought it brand new for £380 only about six weeks ago, and it's really beautiful. It has the colours/wood combo I've always wanted in a P bass - vintage white, black pickguard, vintage tinted maple neck with a lovely 70's style gloss finish.

I chose it over a 60th Anniversary MIA Precision, because in all honesty it played better and sounded nicer, to me anyway.

This bass is on sale new in the UK - cheapest I've found it online is £369. The black one retails a bit lower at £346, but this one is way nicer :)

Would come with a fitted hard case worth £50. Also, I've fitted Dunlop dual function straplocks (cost £16) but I'll need to hang on to the bits that stay on the strap, as I need them for my other bass haha! But they're just the standard Dunlop ones, so if anyone else uses them on another bass... multi-tasking!

Finally I'll also include the pickup and bridge cover - bought these at the same time, for £34 total - the bridge cover is specifically made to fit nicely over the hi-mass bridge.

So, £480 worth of new stuff for [s]£370[/s] £350?

If you're interested in the bass only without the extras, I'd take [s]£300[/s] £280

Would be collection from Gloucester.

Edited by Evil Undead

[quote name='Evil Undead' post='1317992' date='Jul 27 2011, 09:59 AM']I know... Damn me and my common sense.

I really am reluctant to let it go as it's such a fantastic bass. Hence being a feeler to gauge interest :)[/quote]

Common sense is just as bad as GAS, but in reverse lol.

If it wasn't for the fact that im still not 100% with a P neck, so i have my CV Jazz neck on my P i would have this but i need to put more time in with mine before buying a new P bass.

I don't want to derail the thread, but can I ask where you got the bridge cover to fit over the hi-mass bridge? I'd quite like covers for my CV Jazz, but I've found none that fits over the large bridge they've used.

[quote name='lanark' post='1322565' date='Jul 31 2011, 10:16 PM']I don't want to derail the thread, but can I ask where you got the bridge cover to fit over the hi-mass bridge? I'd quite like covers for my CV Jazz, but I've found none that fits over the large bridge they've used.[/quote]

On here - [url="http://guitarpartsresource.com/bhardware_ashtrays.htm"]http://guitarpartsresource.com/bhardware_ashtrays.htm[/url]

Part number 007-7335-000, bottom right :)

Edited by Evil Undead

[quote name='Evil Undead' post='1322616' date='Jul 31 2011, 11:04 PM']On here - [url="http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/fs-warwick-corvette-%24%24-custom-shop-5-ocean-blue-flame-top-hand-made-germany-793162/#post11265506"]http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/fs-warw...2/#post11265506[/url]

Part number 007-7335-000, bottom right :)[/quote]

I think you put the wrong link up there :) Unless I'm missing something

Just to reiterate, these really are very good basses. Don't let the fact it's a Squier put you off, mine is a perfect weight and balance, absolutely sings, and is really well put together. At this price what's not to like?

Edited by walbassist

[quote name='walbassist' post='1326647' date='Aug 4 2011, 11:21 AM']Just to reiterate, these really are very good basses. Don't let the fact it's a Squier put you off, mine is a perfect weight and balance, absolutely sings, is really well put together. At this price what's not to like?[/quote]

Its a lovely bass.
While not as flash as some higher end basses these (based on my CV's) are good solid workable basses. Having owned 3 Lakland Duck Dunn's in the past my CV P is every bit as playable, has no build defects and sounds like a P bass. Why pay more?

[quote name='Evil Undead' post='1346648' date='Aug 20 2011, 07:38 PM']Bump for added trade option and price drop - saving almost £100 off the new price for a mint condition bass!

I've also added some more photos that I've taken of this bass - some in the OP and some just above here.[/quote]

Would be interested in this if you can ship it (I live in doncaster).

PM me mate if you are interested.