Why become a member? ×

TC Electronic RS210??

Mook

I'm looking into getting one of these cabs for the smaller type pub gigs that I do. After reading all the love for Barefaced cabs on here I'd to get one but can't afford it at the moment. If anyone has any experience of these cabs that would kind enough to share their thoughts on them I'd appreciate it.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='1310971' date='Jul 20 2011, 11:01 PM']I have one clear, loud and light, I just got in from using it tonight with a full band, had my amp set to about 2 on the volume, cut through really well.[/quote]

Good to know, thanks. Hows the bass response from them?

The RS210 is one of those 'steals' when it comes to performance.

When I bought mine, I didnt know exactly what it would look like or what Id make of it compared to my other cabs. I HAD heard one with an RS212 and the RH450, but I didnt get close upto it.

I waited for the new finish RS cabs to hit the UK, and Im glad I did.

There is a cab/amp expert on Talkbass who has all the high end gear, and he put this RS210 right up there as one of the best 2x10s (despite its lower price compared to the slightly lighter neo loaded cabs).

Its pretty light, well made, and the tone is great. It seems to favour a quite clear, low mid focussed tone, with a tight bass response. You wont be lacking in bass though!

The best part is the high end. The tweeters are very very smooth (probably the smoothest Ive used) and doesnt have that tacky cheap plasticky treble response you can get from even the most expensive cabinets. Smooth high end, but if you put a lot in, you will get as much snap and modern twang as you want.

Nice cabs, a cover is a must!

Cannot really add to the above opinions. I use my RS210 for rehearsals (with a loud guitarist and drummer) and it cuts through beautifully. I also rely on the 210 for all pub gigs, only having to add my RS212 for marquee/outdoor events. Not to heavy, very well made and IMO, give quite a clear old school sound, not HIFI. Very highly recommended.

Best of luck.

Neil

I heard one with a RH750 and that a great package. Very impressed with both.

I was on my way to buy an amp, so didn't really explore, but that pairing sounds a great match.

I would reserve final judgment on hearing either out or context with the other, but the signs were very good, IMO.

+1 to all the positive comments above.

I have an RH450, RS210 and an RS212.
Whilst I use the RS210 for rehearsals due to portability. For smaller gigs I have A/B'd both cabs (same venue) as a single cab solution and whilst both perform well, my preference is the RS212 as it provided a tone that sat better in the overall mix of the band.

As I say, personal preference, but it might be worth checking the R212 as an alternative single cab solution(?)

Hi I've been using my staccato 51 with a RS210 + RS112 for over a year now. I've done all sorts of gigs with it including open air and it cuts through who ever I play with, and I play with some loud guitarists! My style of play means I need a wide spectrum of sound which I find with this rig. I use a number of different basses from Warwick Rickenbacker Fender, Treben, Hofner, and it works well with them all.

I tried an RS210 in a shop yesterday and it sounded very good. But for me in an electric band a 210 on its own doesn't work. I use both my 210’s for louder gigs but in my playing situations a 212 or 2 112’s would be my starting point.

On the basis of hearing 1 RS210 with a 5st, I'd pair it up with another RS210 with a 450 or pref RH750. I think that would a fantastic rig. Chris's bass sounded great through the one..so 2, I'd be expecting 'OMG'..!!

I get a fantastic tight focused sound from 2 DB2x10's, (IMO)...and 2x210 is a better sound than 2x112, IMO.

I have both and they have their uses..but the 1st and best choice is 2x210.

The shop I was at was out of stock on the RS. I tried out a BC2X10, and a BC4X10 cab today at a local shop. I'm interested in the BC2X12 for myself. They sounded good. The shop was out of the TC heads, so a Hartke LH500 worked fine. Great bottom to it with a Fender Std Jazz. As soon as I can work out the cash, Sounds like a BC2X12 is in order.

Edited by fjbass