Why become a member? ×

Seeing Iron Maiden TONIGHT!

AttitudeCastle

Saw Maiden in the very early days. Then saw them from the somewhere in time tour till that dreadful gig
where Anthrax blew them clean off at Wembley. Didn't bother with them for a while till I saw them at the Clive Burr benefit gig.
Cant remember if it was Brixton or Hammy , but that was one of the lowest gigs I'd been to.(volume wise that is)
Okay gig, but there was one long song about Scotland I think that was dire.

Saw them at Twickenham and , despite the crap sound, they played a blinder.
Couldn't get into the final frontier at all, but the album before that was imho the best thing since somewhere in time.
You 'll enjoy 'em

[quote name='silentbob' post='1309884' date='Jul 20 2011, 01:08 AM']Yvonne Strahovski, or as i like to call her, the future Mrs Silentbob.[/quote]

If I wasn't already betrothed to Ksenia, also known as Miss Russia 07 and Miss World 08 (she doesn't know about the whole betrothal thing yet, or the whole me thing for that matter), I'd challenge you to a duel over 'the future Mrs Silentbob', but I'll leave you to your cheap aussie girl :)

[quote name='AttitudeCastle' post='1310039' date='Jul 20 2011, 10:27 AM']If anyone catched word of where they are staying give us a shout! (I know, i know! I sound mad, but it will be a dream to meet them IN ABERDEEN!)

Anyone know if they'll be around by know? (I'm like a kid on christmas :) )[/quote]

If I had to guess, they'll stay in London (or at their respective homes) and be flown/heli'd in.

[quote name='AttitudeCastle' post='1309611' date='Jul 19 2011, 08:38 PM']I'm on (yes this will sound sad!) FULL MAIDEN ALERT!

As i neeed to meet them, i met Anathema in a hotel in Italy a few weeks ago and meeting Maiden would fufill a fantasy! And thats 2 of my biggest inspirations in one summer! If you guys see anything (you aberdeen folks!) Contact me asap! :)[/quote]

Ahem claim to fame alert.......... I gave Steve Harris a lift from Aston Villa's training ground to the NEC in 2000 ish! I even referred the Maiden XI v Aston Villa Stewards match earlier in the afternoon......!

Got back stage and met Bruce & Nico......!

Sorry every chance I have I have to tell my one and only claim to fame(ish)

[quote name='malcolm.mcintyre' post='1310216' date='Jul 20 2011, 12:36 PM']Can't resist the name drop. I've met them all quite a few times over the years, stayed in the same hotels and have even stood side of stage at Hammersmith during a gig. Nice guys.[/quote]

[quote name='farmer61' post='1310221' date='Jul 20 2011, 12:39 PM']Ahem claim to fame alert.......... I gave Steve Harris a lift from Aston Villa's training ground to the NEC in 2000 ish! I even referred the Maiden XI v Aston Villa Stewards match earlier in the afternoon......!

Got back stage and met Bruce & Nico......!

Sorry every chance I have I have to tell my one and only claim to fame(ish)[/quote]

Hopefully after tomorrow i will be able to say i've met them too!

I stayed in the same hotel as Anathema after their verona gig with Dream Theater (which i sadly missed!) and hung out for a bit and had breakfast with them and they kept asking me about my orchestra stuff i was quite chuffed, but their no Maiden!

[quote name='dc2009' post='1310211' date='Jul 20 2011, 12:28 PM']If I had to guess, they'll stay in London (or at their respective homes) and be flown/heli'd in.[/quote]
I hope they stay in Aberdeen! They are playing glasgow tonight, will finish late, and i'm guessing they'd sound check in aberdeen a good few hours before the show,

Going to hang about a while before the show to see if i at least get a glimps!

[quote name='AttitudeCastle' post='1310327' date='Jul 20 2011, 02:21 PM']I hope they stay in Aberdeen! They are playing glasgow tonight, will finish late, and i'm guessing they'd sound check in aberdeen a good few hours before the show,

Going to hang about a while before the show to see if i at least get a glimps![/quote]

I hope you get to see them too. I genuinely wonder if they soundcheck their own instruments nowadays!

[quote name='dc2009' post='1310696' date='Jul 20 2011, 07:10 PM']I hope you get to see them too. I genuinely wonder if they soundcheck their own instruments nowadays![/quote]

Well on the Flight 666 dvd they do so i'm hoping for the best,

I wish i knew someone who worked at the venue then i could get an idea if they would be there and if so when...

I know i sound worryingly obssessed but i haven't been this excited since seeing Mr Big! (My 3rd Favourite band just behind Iron Maiden)

Every time I listen to iron maiden I think back to driving down a busy highstreet quite fast in a clapped out old daihatsu hijet which was noisy as sin, me and driver topless, windows down. Blasting iron maiden out of the most ghetto soundsystem in the world.

[quote name='AttitudeCastle' post='1311106' date='Jul 21 2011, 07:49 AM']Only 11 hours now! So excited i barely slept so planning a nap before the show![/quote]

I'll probs get excited for the gig just before it. Got to work (with concussion too >.<) before hand!

Incidently if you see someone with Purple-ish hair and a white rage tshirt come say hi :)

[quote name='woodyratm' post='1311138' date='Jul 21 2011, 08:39 AM']I'll probs get excited for the gig just before it. Got to work (with concussion too >.<) before hand!

Incidently if you see someone with Purple-ish hair and a white rage tshirt come say hi :)[/quote]

Haha will do Dave!

Where do you work? (just out of interest! haha)

I'm going Maiden spotting today in like an hour as i've dreamt of even just getting a photo of them for like 4/5 years and i don't think i'll take a camera tonight so i can get up to the front! (Need to see Steve Harris up on the moniter!)