Why become a member? ×

FS: Westone Thunder III(b) Fretless

geoffbyrne

Well, this is the one I always swore would go into the grave with me, and here we are!!!

I don't play fretless with any band & it's just sitting there not earning its keep. So it has to go despite the fact I love it.

Very few marks, but it is 31 years old, so there are one or two.

Completely original.

Push/Pull volume for in/out phase
Passive treble roll-off
Single knob active boost - centre detente - anti-clockwise boosts bass, clockwise boosts mids.
Pickup selector switch
Serial/parallel switch
Active/passive switch
18v electrics.

Includes leather strap, and original Westone hard case, Allan keys and some packs of used strings.

Currently strung with Fender 7120s which I like quite a lot.

Any questions please ask.

£350 collected Loughborough or make me a sensible offer.

Edited by geoffbyrne

Niiiiice!

If I hadn't had to pay a £1000 bill ( :) ) bill last week, I'd be making an offer!

Good luck. :)

Edit: I've never seen a Westone hard case like that before either.

Edited by chaypup

[quote name='geoffbyrne' post='1300055' date='Jul 11 2011, 04:22 PM']Well, this is the one I always swore would go into the grave with me, and here we[/quote]

Blimey Geoff, I didn't even know you were I'll!

I had the fretted one of these back in 80's, did my first European tour with it. lots of fond mammories!
Super basses.

John

I've no doubts that the case is original, as it's a fitted case & it fits the Thunder III perfectly.

The serial number dates this to 1986 and production ceased in 1986, so this, along with the soapbar shells on the pickups suggest that this was made very near to the final run.

Anyone local to me is welcome to play it.

G.

[quote name='FlatEric' post='1300912' date='Jul 12 2011, 12:48 PM']Nice!

The thing that impresses me the most. . . . . .

You have several guitar hangers on the outside wall of your house!
WOW :)

What's that all about?? :lol:

Cheers. :)[/quote]

Officially known as 'The Dugout' - used to be external court, now covered with glass roof, containing 4 basses, 5 guitars plus various guitar & bass amps & cabs, computers & TVs!!

Me Happy Bunny!!!

G.

[quote name='geoffbyrne' post='1304210' date='Jul 14 2011, 11:43 PM']Open to offers bump.[/quote]

Aaaargh! A few years ago I'd have given my right arm for this. I had the fretted version and wanted the fretless to go with it. I ended up giving the fretted one to my nephew - he never plays it and it's just sitting there at his house, as far as I know.

If I was buying rather than selling at present I'd have this one. I hope you find a nice home for it, it's gorgeous.

Edited by bassybill