Why become a member? ×

Clinic: David Ellefson of Megadeth and Frank Bello of Anthrax

HartkeUK

David Ellefson of Megadeth and Frank Bello of Anthrax, two of thrash metal's most legendary bassists, talk about their tone, bass and why they play Hartke, in an exclusive clinic at Digital Village in Romford at 7:30pm on 7July.

On the night every attendee will been entered into a prize draw to win a Hartke HyDrive 5410C Bass Combo Worth £829!

This event is happening for one night only – The night before the 'Big Four' rock the main stage at Sonisphere 2011.

The Ellefson & Bello Bass Clinic Details are:

Date: Thursday, 7 July 2011
Time: 7:30pm
Venue: DV Live Zone, DV East London
 Chesham House, Chesham Close, Romford, Essex, RM7 7PJ
Admission: £10

For any further information, call +44(0)1708 771991 or email [email protected].[/font]

It is with great pleasure I can add that I have been asked to interview my fellow Hartke endorsers Dave and Frank prior to the clinic for LickLibrary.com. I will also be at the clinic supporting Hartke, so come down, it'd be great to put BC names to faces!

[quote name='charic' post='1294616' date='Jul 6 2011, 12:26 PM']Really wish I could make it. Dave is probably my biggest influence :)[/quote]

Ditto - too big an ask for a schoolnight for me, sorry lads.

Hope it goes great, Dood. Would be good to hear.

Thank you guys,

If you have any questions you'd like me to pose (given that I can squeeze them in) then please post them here and I will get the link of the interview posted when it's online.

Maverick (Sean) and I are meeting at Liverpool street station at 5.15 beforehand, then either going for a pint there or getting the train and pinting the other end, all here are welcome to join, PM me if interested and we'll sort something out!

[quote name='dood' post='1295027' date='Jul 6 2011, 06:25 PM']Thank you guys,

If you have any questions you'd like me to pose (given that I can squeeze them in) then please post them here and I will get the link of the interview posted when it's online.[/quote]

"what was the first gig when you didn't have to carry and set up your own gear?"

[quote name='Chris2112' post='1296738' date='Jul 8 2011, 07:34 AM']Dave is an awesome player, good stuff.[/quote]

his technique was unbelievably good, asides the ease and fluidity and economy of his hand motion, the dynamic control was what made it so good. I'm going to have a proper pick bass session this weekend.

Just checking in very quickly before I run out the door to my next job! It's busy right now!

The interviews went really well with both Frank and Dave, what a lovely couple of guys they are! You can see pictures up on the LickLibrary Facebook page already. I haven't had time to look at the main website or Digital Villages pages yet though.

it was great to meet fellow BCers last night and obviously a big congratulations to our very lucky winner! What a great prize!

Ok, I'll write a proper review soon, but I gotta dash right now!

Dan.

[quote name='charic' post='1297520' date='Jul 8 2011, 06:55 PM']I suppose the real question is how long till the Hartke hits the marketplace to fund some more GAS :)[/quote]

Ahaha I'm keeping it, you'll see my amp on the marketplace soon though, or my cab at least will be up very soon!

Truckstop, Ellefson's picking technique was unbelievably good, his dynamic control, oh sweet jesus.

Hey all, here's some pictures taken by LickLibrary of my interviews with Dave Ellefson and Frank Bello. The actual 'TV' interview will be online in the near future, I'll be sure to post a link when it is.

You can view all of these pictures, comments and tags via the LickLibrary Facebook page: [url="http://www.facebook.com/LickLibrary"]http://www.facebook.com/LickLibrary[/url]

still waiting on the hartke, this courier company is taking the michael!

looks like the interview was properly good and lengthy, dood, looking forward to seeing the full thing! Also mighty looking forward to seeing the price tag on an ellefson sig, I may well have to consider one if it doesn't take more michael than this courier!

[quote name='fender73' post='1303491' date='Jul 14 2011, 01:09 PM']Did Dood and Dave call each other to match outfits? :-)[/quote]

Yeah, Dave kept calling up incessantly, asking what I was gonna wear and promised that he wouldn't match, but the lil scamp couldn't help himself! :)

Coincidentally, I seem to have worn the black and blue combo for a few of my videos, but honestly not planned! I guess I need a wardrobe makeover!